NonLeagueHero

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in my second season with Gloucester City having been promoted to the BSP and I seem to be having some trouble signing players. In my first season I was able to attract reasonable quality players (BSP, Lge 2 standard according to the scouts) without too much trouble. However, in my second season that has all changed, in fact the moment the game officially promoted me the quality of players that I could attract dropped to regional premier level. I've filled the gaps that I had but the quality is shocking and it is affecting results.

I thought I needed to get some of the hidden stats behind it so I checked out Genie scout and the players signed previously had an "ability" of around 60 and reputation of around 1700. This seasons signings (excluding loans) have an ability of around 45 and rep around 1200.

This isn't the first time I've discovered this though, in previous games and in different nations I've had the same scenario occur but only with part-time teams. Pro teams seem unaffected. It does gradually work itself out (based on past experience) but it can take about 5 years I've found.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just noticing a coincidence? For my sanity can anyone work out the logic behind it? Am I somehow adversely affecting the club rep and making them less attractive? Or does the higher league mean that the player wage demands jump disproportionally? Any insight appreciated!

Is there no way the board will change the clubs status to professional? Only thing I can think of is the players wage increase after promotion.

This has never happened to me, although I'm managing Ebbsfleet and the board turned professional after promotion to the Skrill Premier so I was able to sign better players. But, after I was promoted the players I went for demanded quite a bit more in wages from like 500 p/w at their current club to about 2500 p/w at Ebbsfleet. Now I'm in League One I have George Bowerman who was only signed for around 35k on 9k a week!

I must say that LLM does irritate me a little on these games, I have a save running with Chester at the minute, I've managed to get promoted to league 2 and I have as high a wage bill as a number of championship clubs, I skrimped and saved on the pennies and made sure to get as much money from cup runs etc as I could, and now I'm being punished for it by the game. I wouldn't mind but 80% of my player would get destroyed in the championship, it's not like I have loads of youngsters with huge potential. You do need to badger your board until they agree on becoming professional though.