UTCIAD

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to create an effective short passing tactic yet in FM15? I have had some success with these tactics but I am not really achieving the domination in terms of possession and number of passes per match that I would expect.

In real life, EPL teams often achieve possession stats of 65-70% or sometimes even higher with around 600 completed passes. I just don't see this reflected in FM. Even against weak sides 60% possession is a rarity and the number of passes is low.

Watching the Match Engine for the full match seems to prove the problem is that Keepers and Defenders will aimlessly hoof the ball up the pitch even when instructed to play out of defence. I am not talking about situations in which they are under pressure, but when there is a very clear safe short passing option but the ME seems to override their instructions.

I'd also like to see the Centre Backs split wide like possession based teams do in real life. I have tried experimenting with the Half Back or Deep Lying Playmaker role from the DMC position. Although they do drop in between the defence, I don't really see the CB's drift any wider. Are there any Player Instructions which can be used to enable this?

I'd also like to see the Centre Backs split wide like possession based teams do in real life. I have tried experimenting with the Half Back or Deep Lying Playmaker role from the DMC position. Although they do drop in between the defence, I don't really see the CB's drift any wider. Are there any Player Instructions which can be used to enable this?

I got around this by playing a 3 man defence with the middle man set to BPD/CD->stopper. Your wing backs push up and your 3 defenders create a wide triangle. Not saying it's a surefire thing but it seems to be working better than the half back role for me.

I use two CB's, two wing backs and a player in DM as a Regista. I also set the Goalkeepers distribution to ''Distribute to Playmaker". I've noticed that it's usually the better, more intelligent (as in better mental stats) goalkeepers who listen to the instructions more. I was Newcastle and had Rob Elliot & Tim Krul that didn't stick to their instructions. Once I signed Victor Valdes on a free everything was fine.

my tactic is based around a short-passing, slow tempo, one-touch passing game. I decided to built my team around a false 10/false 9 system with interchanging winger+inside forward on either sides. This yielded 100+ goals in my first season (league only) and had a very good goal spread (whole team got onto the scoresheet, except fullbacks who provide mainly crosses). I am very happy with my current tactic but would love to get more advice to increase my number of clean sheets. Any tips?

League top scorers were:

van persie 22 goals
di Maria 20 goals
Mata 15 goals
januzaj 10 goals
rooney 10 goals

my first eleven is usually:

De gea

(FB- support)rafael-jones-rojo-shaw(FB -support)

herrera(BBM)-felaini(BWM - defend)

januzaj (IF- attack) -mata(treq)-di maria (winger-attack)

Van persie (false 9)

In about one hour my tactic will be live ran it today, can't believe the results 7 clean sheets in a row

Looking forward to your tactic, scruffy_bear :$

UTCIAD you mean something like this ?

qzqWZI7.png

I've been playing with Valencia and my short passing tactic made me win the Champions League in the second season.

This was my starting eleven when I won CL:

Paco Alcacer - Rodrigo
Fede - Gil Romero - Parejo - Feghouli
Gayá - Balanta - Otamendi - Hugo Mallo
Diego Alves

I don't have a screenshot but I use the following team-settings:
-Shorter passing
-Retain Posession
-Play out of defence
-Work ball into box
-Low Crosses
-Run At Defence
-Push Higher
-Close down more (But use close down less on the wingback so that they get back to defend, meanwhile the four midfielders and the strikers close down more, this is one of the most important parts of my tactic)
-Prevent short GK distributions
-Lower Tempo

Dani Parejo has a free playmaker-role and Gil Romero is a Ball winning midfielder.

Hopefully it'll work for you too!

Send a PM if you want the tac-file!

(I'm from Sweden so please don't hate if I've misplaced some letters here and there) ;)

Cheers

this is super for possesion stats

View attachment 321061

Watch the goals flow ( and clean sheets got over 100 points with leeds in championship with no transfers or loans at all )