sparkstriff

Reaction score
Second season with Man Utd, playing pogba in a 442 with Adrien Silva as a box to box mid and Pogba as a roaming playmaker, however his stats for the season haven't been incredible, with 2 goals and 4 assists in 27 games, and even from simply watching highlights he seems to not be doing an awful lot, usually just hitting it wide from outside the box. Is it simply bad luck or have you any recommendations of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Second season with Man Utd, playing pogba in a 442 with Adrien Silva as a box to box mid and Pogba as a roaming playmaker, however his stats for the season haven't been incredible, with 2 goals and 4 assists in 27 games, and even from simply watching highlights he seems to not be doing an awful lot, usually just hitting it wide from outside the box. Is it simply bad luck or have you any recommendations of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
If the tactics are fine then try and improve the range of his playmaking tools. Pogba is a prime example of a roaming playmaker (devastating goal threat & chance creator just outside the opposition box) and has all the tools but he could stall if his training doesn't improve him — tending to shoot and make bad decisions in the final 3rd. Train him to possess: "Tries Killer Balls Often" & "Dictates Tempo", it usually works wonders for me. He is a well balanced player but can get better as a passer. Also, put him on set-pieces (freekicks, PKs, etc.) so he can influence the game more. BTW, Pogba is usually not suitable in a 2 in midfield, so the AI informs you that he prefers to play "on the left in a midfield 3". To get the best of him, you must build your tactics to his preferences. But if you are winning a lot, there's no need to change. Otherwise, don't be afraid to change his role once in a while either when chasing games (advanced playmaker/shadow striker/attacking midfielder) or defending leads (deep-lying playmaker/box-to-box/central midfielder); he is the most versatile midfielder in the game, you could as well use him as such.

pogba is awesome as a BBM if using TFF's demolisher

In a regular 4-2-3-1, he is lethal as a DLP (D), completely shielding the defence and spraying balls accurately to the wide players. Plus, always seems to know the right thing to do. And has a mean FK.