Pay cut for players

goonergun435

Reaction score
My assisstant manger has said that in my birmingham squad that there are high earning players.
eg. Lukaku 49,000 a week
How can i convince players to take a pay cut?

Usually what works for me is, the less time they have on there contract the less they usually want.

I've only found the older players want lower than their current wages

i noticed long serving player will take big reductions
steve harper took a 26k pay cut to 4k in my newcastle save

I can usually only get my 30+ age players to take pay cuts. Get relegated if you really want paycuts though ;)

paycuts in FM?

BWAHAHA.

You'd be lucky to have a 36 year old take 1k less per year.

I always sell (for free even), or if possible, I release them.

but the high earners are not dead wieght
they pitch in the goals for me
so i keepin em

Just make sure you don't offer them loads when it comes to buying your players. Make sure you can control the wage budget, and if it comes beyond a joke then sell off the **** ones who are on too much money mate.

you pretty much cant hey :P you have to wait as mentioned above, you can always negotiate, what i find does help a bit is offering them a more substantial signing on fee :D

Same for me, usually only the older players are willing to take a pay cut.

Also, I noticed that you got Lukaku in your Birmingham save, how much did you give Anderlecht? thanks

u can get him for a lot less but i got him for 11.25 million
but i had the money

when I offered them 10 million they said no, and they said they would do a deal of 19 million.... any tips? ( I am only 1 month into my save)
also, in your birmingham game what is your budget? mine is 44 million because i said "mid table finish"

SELL SELL SELL, you just have to. players are greedy like all human beings.

There is always better players out there is my way of thinking - I like to change my whole squad around every 2/3 years. even at top clubs - I just love the transfer window.

when I offered them 10 million they said no, and they said they would do a deal of 19 million.... any tips? ( I am only 1 month into my save)
also, in your birmingham game what is your budget? mine is 44 million because i said "mid table finish"

mate try loan lukaku if you can
and pay fully for wages and pay about 1.7 million
did it with yannis tafer i become his fave personnel so i signed him for less

sorry off topic pm me next time md5423
progress.gif

In 1.1, i managed to get William Gallas to take a 3 year contract extension and a pay cut of 50 grand. I dont know how the **** i did it, but it sure was useful!

Back