Paying for Facepack Downloads etc Question?.

bluesjunior

Reaction score
I got an email from the Sortitoutsi FM site on essential downloads for FM15. As I have just got FM15 as a prezzie today I thought that it might be a good idea to check it out. The first couple of items downloaded quickly via the supplied mirrors but the mega facepack one was split into 18 parts which is more or less a huge time consuming exercise and therefore makes it unlikely to attempt it. After a bit of research at the site I found that if I became a premium member I could download it direct but this would cost me £10. Now I have no problem in paying for a download I always buy FMRTE but as Sortitoutsi is a site I very rarely visit and only receive emails from because I joined it many years ago on first starting to play the FM series and they have my email address because of that. I feel that £10 is a lot to pay for a facepack download considering that the FM15 game itself can be bought for £15. How do the free facepack and logo downloads available here at FM Base and other sites compare with the Sortitoutsi ones or is their one so good it is worth paying the £10 supporting member fee for it?.

I always download Graphics here without any problem and there all good quality graphics and also FM Scout is another website which have good downloads to that wont cost you anything, For me I would never buy Download for this game tbh!!

On sortitoutsi, for the facepack there is also a torrent file, so you don't have to waste time with 18 parts

What you're paying for is the server capacity and the bandwidth; not the actual file. You're paying for the service, not the actual file. While the Logopacks may not be big size-wise, they have a lot of individual files which is resource heavy for a file transfer server.

Breaking it into sections for a TCP/IP connection is easier
while a torrent gets around this problem by creating a UDP connection.

Why their different: not important.

What you're paying for is the server capacity and the bandwidth; not the actual file. You're paying for the service, not the actual file. While the Logopacks may not be big size-wise, they have a lot of individual files which is resource heavy for a file transfer server.

Breaking it into sections for a TCP/IP connection is easier
while a torrent gets around this problem by creating a UDP connection.

Why their different: not important.
Wrong, you're paying them £10 to be a premium member to cover their admin costs etc, which I would pay without qualm if I was a regular visitor to their site, I am not. The access to the fast direct server is a consequence of becoming a premium member. I understand it is a very large file 3GB iirc and that is fair enough. If there was an option to pay eg 50p - £1 for a single download I would pay that without preamble but there isn't, you have to pay a years subscription and in my opinion they lose more than they gain by not having that option.

Back