Pearce and Powell take charge of British Football Team for 2012 Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 798

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Stuart Pearce and Hope Powell have been selected to lead the GB team in the 2012 Olympics.

Pearce and Powell take charge | Latest News | London 2012 | Sky Sports Olympics

However, the SFA has reitterated it's previous stance regarding involvement in the squad, by opposing involvement in the football tournament.
Fears exist about a dilution of power within world football governance - the loss of the FIFA vice-presidency guaranteed to one of the four home associations and their places on the International FA board - as well as pressure to unite permanently as Great Britain. However, there is no law stopping a player from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland making themselves available for selection

its just a under 23 tournament with 3 overage players allowed so we dont know who could even get picked !

Why is there such a big fuss about a British football team in the Olympics? Yea its nice to have as the Olympics are in the country but its getting treated like a World Cup by the media!

Yea I'll support the team while its on but not in the way i support a full national team.

And why is such a fuss being kicked up by all but the English FA about their players participation in the team? They've been told its a one off and wont affect their individual national teams so whats the worry?

its just a under 23 tournament with 3 overage players allowed so we dont know who could even get picked !

Exactly. Most younger players would kill to play in this tournament-they could showcase their talents. And Scotland has very good players too, as do Wales

i hope wales do not ever pick some one for playing at the olympics.

Wales said no and if bale played then he should never play for wales again. England will go out of olympics at the quarters as alot of nation pass the football around.

Back