Gers1690

Reaction score
Pedro Caixinha - A Rangers Revolution

View attachment 90916

Welcome to my first career thread with my beloved Glasgow Rangers,the club has been a bit shaken and stirred since the departure of Mark Warburton so in comes Pedro Caixinha to steady the Ibrox ship,lets see how he goes and i do hope you all enjoy the thread.

Im using the most upto date transfer file from over at sortitoutsi.net as you will maybe notice as the game advances.

View attachment 90915

View attachment 90913

View attachment 90912

The gers were put down to scottish league2 in season 2012/13

<font size="5"><font color="#000000"><font size="4">[video=youtube;oXqOJ5p9Fuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqOJ5p9Fuk[/video]

But from there have worked there way back up the leagues to where they belong,but prior to that were most successful in the 90's before arch rivals Celtic stopped them in there tracks for the 10 in a row...

FIXTURES

View attachment 90909

The campaign kicks off at Firhill against Partick Thistle and gers welcome celtic to Ibrox in the 10th game of the season in which should be a cracking match.

SQUAD

View attachment 90900

There is a lot of dead wood that has been moved to the u20's squad,forrester,o'halloran,crooks,windass and a few others hence why you dont see them,but there are a few quality additions brought in Bruno Alves&Carlos Pena are the two main standouts,Morelos&Herrera hopefully crack the goals in up top.In the u20's squad there are far too many players who just wont cut it and will be released but Mccrorie,Rudden,Burt,Dodoo still look like they will do a job with careful mentoring.

Lets give Pedro Caixinha a warm welcome!!!

<font size="5"><font color="#000000"><font size="4">[video=youtube;e8yGAPgHDYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8yGAPgHDYE[/video]

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON PREVIEW

The expectations for the season is clear challenge arch rivals Celtic for the league title,whether or not this can be achieved is another story,but with the players at his disposal you would certainly think so,also the board expect a decent tilt for the scottish cup that too will need to be given its best shot.The Betfred cup isnt important and will probably see fringe players play in this.

TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 90883

View attachment 90882

IN - Andre Geraldes arrives at Rangers in a £425,000 deal from Sporting Lisbon,which will give added competition to James Tavernier in the right back role,this will probably see the end of Lee Hodson who also plays in this area.

View attachment 90881

IN - Kasey Palmer also comes in on a season long loan from Chelsea,the boy looks a fantastic talent and the gers beat an array of clubs south of the border as well as Aberdeen and Hibs who were also vying for his services,will be a good addition in the no.10 role and cant wait to see the young man gracing the Ibrox turf soon!!!

Last edited:
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE - 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND DRAW

View attachment 90880

View attachment 90879

The draw see's us travel to Malta to play Floriana in the first qualifying round of the Europa League first leg,a match which we should be winning comfortably in my opinion.The winners of the tie playing Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar or Vaduz of Liechenstein in the second qualifying round,which again should be an easy tie.

Last edited:
FEEDER CLUB ANNOUNCED!!!

View attachment 90878

An agreement between gers and league1 side Alloa has been agreed which will see young prospects play in the league1 for Alloa this season.This will be a great chance for the young talents to show what they can do and hopefully stake a claim for first team football on there return.

BETFRED CUP GROUP STAGE DRAWN

View attachment 90877

The draw for the Betfred cup group stage has drawn gers against Alloa,Annan,Brechin and Motherwell.A group that shouldnt provide too many problems although fellow premiership side Motherwell may have a say on matters about who finishes top of the group for the automatic place in the next round.Annan,Brechin and Alloa shouldnt be any match at all for a strong gers team even though fringe players will most probably play in this tournament.

Keep Rudden, Hardie, Burt, Thomson, Paginato (can't mind the spelling) from the U20's. They all develop brilliantly in my game.
Also have a look at signing Tony Gallacher, LB from Falkirk. after 2 seasons i made a nice 10m profit from him.

Keep Rudden, Hardie, Burt, Thomson, Paginato (can't mind the spelling) from the U20's. They all develop brilliantly in my game.
Also have a look at signing Tony Gallacher, LB from Falkirk. after 2 seasons i made a nice 10m profit from him.

Thanks,and yeh they do seem to have not bad stats upon the start of the game,funnily you should say that about Gallagher as im currently looking at him and Matthew Knox at Livingston.

Also Ross Lyon can develop quite well, but he's a bit hit or miss. Stats can drop off very quickly if not developed. Burt Thomson Hardie rudden and the two McCrorries are the spine on my team at the moment, 4 seasons in.

Also Ross Lyon can develop quite well, but he's a bit hit or miss. Stats can drop off very quickly if not developed. Burt Thomson Hardie rudden and the two McCrorries are the spine on my team at the moment, 4 seasons in.

Lyon i remember used to turn out cracking in last year's FM young keeper Mccrorie i know turns out good trying to get him out on loan for now.

EUROPA LEAGUE 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND

View attachment 90812

View attachment 90811

View attachment 90810

A comfortable 5-0 win over in Malta gave us a good start for the 2nd leg back in Glasgow,rampant from the start which seen goals from Alves,a double for Herrera,Pena, and then sub Kenny Miller finished the rout off in the 91st minute.It was pretty much nothing more than a training exercise in the return tie with a few youngsters getting a chance on the european stage,most notably Hardie who got on the scoresheet,Mccrorie started too in goal in a 4-0 win with goals from Miller,wilson,Cardoso and Hardie.
A nasty injury though to Ryan Jack sees him out for 6weeks.

Last edited:
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND
View attachment 90595

View attachment 90594

We werent at the races at all over the 2 legs and the damage was done really in the 1st leg over in Poland with a 2-0 defeat.The return leg at Ibrox ended in a 1-1 draw but it was simply not enough and out of Europe we go.Dissapointing but we now pick ourselves up for the domestic camapign.

BETFRED LEAGUE CUP GROUP STAGE

View attachment 90593

We topped the group as expected and it was more of a chore than anything else,went through the group undefeated although lowly Brechin did hold us to a draw.Played fringe players all the way through the group stage and will probabl do so in the upcoming rounds.

BETFRED LEAGUE CUP 2ND ROUND

View attachment 90592

We draw Hibs away in the next round what should be a closely contested tie.Rangers fans favorite Neil Lennon of course the manager of Hibs will be sure to recieve a warm appreciation from the gers faithful...

View attachment 90591

A John mcginn goal in the 75th minute gives Hibs a 1-0 win in the 2nd round to see Gers crash out of the league cup as well only days after going the out of the Europa League.Its worrying times at the minute for Caxinha and his men and he must stop the rot quickly or he could be out of a job sooner than you know it!!!

Last edited:
Loving the save. Always a huge fan of Rangers careers. What skin are you using as your background? Looks awesome

Loving the save. Always a huge fan of Rangers careers. What skin are you using as your background? Looks awesome

The skin i use is CFM dark v2.0,and the background is a seperate pack.Both can be found over at FM Scout...