Pennant eyes new Stoke contract

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 857

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant is keen to sign a permanent deal with the club when his six-month loan spell ends in January.

More...

He has done alright so i don't see why Stoke wouldn't want him on a perminant.

A permanent transfer would be the best for all parts, as player and Stoke would be happy about that too as it seems.

He never really did well here at Zaragoza. I don't if he didn't addapt or what happened.

even at liverpool he showed glimpses of what he can do... just needs to be consistant... would be a good signing for stoke

even at liverpool he showed glimpses of what he can do... just needs to be consistant... would be a good signing for stoke

Goal against, Chelsea :wub:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgDOASt8Ep8"]YouTube - Pennant Goal Against Chelsea![/ame]

Yes, we all know he has done great things sometimes, but he's got the talent but not the continuity.

Too much players like him. I don't know why Zaragoza signed him.
I hope him the best anyway if finally leaves.

A permanent transfer would be the best for all parts, as player and Stoke would be happy about that too as it seems.

He never really did well here at Zaragoza. I don't if he didn't addapt or what happened.

Totally agree. Didn't make any impact, and a move to Stoke would suit everyone.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

1 goal. It doesn't make him a great player. He had the talent, but his personal life wrecked his chances IMHO

When he was on loan at Pompey i saw him shopping with then girlfriend Jennifer Metcalfe aka Mercades in Hollyoaks.

if the lad could keep his head down and get a couple of seasons of top flight first team football he could edge towards the national side!

in form at us he was lethal, he needs games and stoke have a class act on their hands

if the lad could keep his head down and get a couple of seasons of top flight first team football he could edge towards the national side!

in form at us he was lethal, he needs games and stoke have a class act on their hands

At this point, if I put my head down, I could get in the national side in place of Bothroyd.

At this point, if I put my head down, I could get in the national side in place of Bothroyd.

although i was genuine about jermaine...

i did have a hint of sarcasm towards my point too in all fairness :P

I agree with trying players in friendlies instead of the first team, but only players that may actually be picked...

Adam Le Fondre for the next squad?

Back