• Thread starter Thread starter adamm8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6K

adamm8

Reaction score
His Return!

View attachment 301929

Josep 'Pep' Guardiola, the man who lead FC Barcelona to 14 titles in just 4 years, has made a dramatic u-turn on his decision to take a years sabbatical after Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes decided to bring his retirement forward 6 months to allow Guardiola to finish out the season in charge.

'Pep' Guardiola is regarded as one of the best managers in World Football after his success at Barcelona, and it is expected that he will have the capability of bringing even more glory to German Giants Bayern Munich.

He will be officially unveiled in a press conference at the Allianz Arena tomorrow, where of course there will be many questions from the press about his return and his plans for the future.

View attachment 301931
"Roman Abramovich's reaction after receiving the news of Guardiola now being unavailable and now he may have to stick with Rafa Benitez for longer than he thought."

18th January 2013
9 AM

Press Conference

View attachment 301979

The German Football Gazette:
"So Pep, of course the main question on everyone's minds is as to why you have come back into management earlier than you had previously said?"

Pep Guardiola:
"Well honestly, I was not planning on coming back until the summer, as I had previously said, but after agreeing to join Bayern at the end of the season when Jupp retires, we got talking and he told me he thought it would be a good idea for me to join now as it would give me more time to prepare for next season, and also get started now on building up the squad I want."

-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----​-----

The European Football Review:
"Obviously you achieved great success during your 4 seasons at Barcelona, do you think you will be able to bring that kind of glory to Bayern?"

Pep Guardiola:
"Yes, I really think I can. As you can see the first half of the season has been amazing as we have only lost once. We are top of the league by 10 points, we are through to the knockout rounds in the Champions League and we are still in the German Cup, and I believe we have the quality to make those titles ours this season as we do have the quality in the squad."

World Soccer Magazine:
"Speaking of the squad, are you planning on making any transfers during this transfer window?"

Pep Guardiola:
"Obviously, there isn't really a great need to improve the squad at the moment as can be seen by our performances so far this season, but I will be looking into one or two players to bring in who I think will greatly improve this brilliant squad."

Karl-Heinz Rummeenigge (Chairman):
"That is the end of the press conference now as we need to allow Pep time to prepare for his first game in charge tomorrow against Hannover, Thank you for coming."

Note: I will be doing this as a kind of report of month by month results from the point of view of Pep! :)

Last edited:
18th January 2013
9 pm

With it being the evening before my first game in charge of Bayern against Hannover, I thought it would be best to find out as much as I can about the club, squad and also decide on our main tactic.

Club

View attachment 302118 View attachment 302108 View attachment 302110 View attachment 302111

Well as you can see from the screenshots above, Bayern Munich are a brilliant club as their finances are excellent and are projected to almost double.

You can also see that they have a loan debt of £79 Million, but if I can bring glory to this club as I did for Barcelona, it should not take too long for that debt to be gone.

Also the facilities are no less than I expected as we have top corporate, training and youth facilities which is brilliant. But over time I now want to improve the Junior coaching and the youth recruitment to as good as they can possibly be.

Also able to see from the history, that this is a club with an amazing history, and are always adding something new to it every season, as they have the capability at the moment, to win every trophy available to them, and I aim to do that with them!

Squad

View attachment 302112 View attachment 302113

First thing I can see from this is that this squad is brilliant, strong throughout the entire squad and really the only position that could do with improving is bringing in a new centre back along side Badstuber, but other than that, this squad is one of the best in the world at the moment.

Tactic

View attachment 302114

This is going to be my main tactic for the rest of the season which is slightly more defensive but has great ability whilst going forward but I do also have a more attacking formation which I will use against the weaker teams I believe we will be able to score plenty of goals against and won't be able to deal with us going forward:

View attachment 302116

​I'm sure we will play excellently tomorrow against Hannover and come away with a great win!

Last edited:
January and Transfers

Guardiola off to best start possible as we hear his reports regarding his first matches in charge of Bayern and his transfer activity.

View attachment 302267

View attachment 302268

Hannover 0 - 4 Bayern Munich
Bundesliga

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mario Gomez (6, 42, 56)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Bastian Schweinsteiger (53)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich)

Well I really couldn't have asked for a better start! The squad has easily taken to my passing and fast paced philosophy and it shows that they are able to pull it off as we were on top start to finish and secured a great win.

Bayern Munich 4 - 0 Werder Bremen
Bundesliga

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Jan Kirchoff (14)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Holger Badstuber (58, 74)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philipp Lahm (86)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Holger Badstuber (Bayern Munich)

Well I don't think this could have gone any better. The players really are able to play well under my ideas and tactics and seem to find it a lot easier to get the ball in the net. I told the lads to just continue playing the same in the 2nd half but Werder Bremen just parked the bus to not concede anymore, but they got tired and allowed us to get 2 more goals in the last 15 minutes.

Transfers

View attachment 302274

View attachment 302273

Well when I first looked at the squad I thought it would be good to bring in a centre back, but realising Javi Martinez is very capable in that position I have decided for him to become my other centre back along side Badstuber, and I have brought in Marco Verratti to fill Martinez's position in the middle of the park, and at just 20, he has the ability to continue to develop brilliantly.

View attachment 302277

View attachment 302275 View attachment 302276

Also, had a look at the players that we would be able to get for free at the end of the season and saw that the man who currently has 24 goals in 35 for Athletic Bilbao Fernando Llorente was up for free at the end up the season so I snapped him up, as well as 21 year old Mattia Destro who has good potential to be a great striker. Both will join at the end of the season for free.

I also recieved huge offers during the last day of the transfer window of €45 Million for Muller and €40 Million for Kroos from Man City, as well as €35 Million for Alaba from Arsenal, but as they are young players who have the potential to be some of the best in the world, I turned them down instantly.

Other Transfers

View attachment 302279

I probably would of tried to get 50M off Muller and signed some-one 10x better

Back