Percentage of goals by English Players [EPL]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
According to 'The Sun' newspaper (Reliable, I know), this is the percentage of goals scored for the club by English players.

1) Aston Villa = 68%
2) Tottenham Hotspur = 67%
3) Sunderland = 63%
4) Birmingham City = 60%
5) West Ham = 57%
6) Manchester United = 52%
7) Bolton Wanderers = 45%
8) Fulham = 44%
9) Wolverhampton Wanderers = 43%
10) Stoke City = 42%
11) Burnley = 41%
12) Chelsea = 27%
13) Hull City = 24%
14) Blackburn = 21%
15) Manchester City = 19%
16) Liverpool = 19%
17) Everton = 18%
18) Wigan Athletic = 12%
19) Porstmouth = 10%
20) Arsenal = 5%

Interesting read. If Pavlyuchenko hadn't scored those two goals for us recently, then Spurs would be right at the top!

Discuss. :)

Good on the teams at the top. Not surprised Arsenal and Pompey are bottom to be honest.

Arsenal's 5% compared to Villa's 68% is embarrassing on goalscoring terms. I can't actually think who that 5% is because Theo is absolute **** in front of goal, no end product.

It's nice to a few teams with 50% or more.

Despite Tottenham being near the top, all this really portrays is who has English forwards in their team, rather than the majority of the team being English.

If Arsenal had Rooney playing alongside 10 foreign players, they'd probably be in the top 5 to be honest, so it's not a great depiction of who has the most English players in their team, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

true, sunderland are only up there because darren bent has been on fire this year

yeah but arsenal still only have like 3 english players haha.

It's true that Arsenal don't have many English players in their team *cough* squad *cough*. I'd defend them with a good reason for this, but I don't really want to. :P

The reason Tottenham are second is purely because Redknapp loves his former-Portsmouth duo, the little and large English pairing of Defoe and Crouch. Breaking apart racism one assist at a time. Hohoho.

Arsenals english players:
Theo Walcott
Sol Campbell'
Kieran Gibbs

United would be near the bottom without Rooney's goals tbh
And this season Gerrard has not been peaking if he were liverpool would be up to at least 30/40% so meh we aint bottom

Shame this only counts for the league sturridge has 4in the fa cup.

oooooohhh Sturrage scored against who? Cardiff? XD

Interesting results. I am sure Mr Wenger would argue we all live in a multi cultural society these days and these results should not count for much (A)

does the Sun count one of man united's most prolific marksmen; own goals? im pretty sure some of them will have been scored for us by englishmen....

oooooohhh Sturrage scored against who? Cardiff? XD

Interesting results. I am sure Mr Wenger would argue we all live in a multi cultural society these days and these results should not count for much (A)

Sturridge scored against cardiff yes, he also scored 1at preston and 2against watford. He hasent had many chances in the league but what i have seen of him he looks to be a ppretty decent player.

Theo scored against Blackburn, otherwise... yeah, all foreigners. Although Wales isn't really "foreign", is it? If so, Ramsey should up our percentage a bit.

If the tally was for 'British', rather than 'English', then Ramsey would indeed be included.

this is intresting to read.

if utd had ronaldo still at the club they probaly be 12-14ish. villa not at all suprised by them being top.

Back