Perfect signing for a Championship club

• Thread starter Thread starter Nicklo2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Nicklo2k

Reaction score
Jari Litmanan - 38 - FC Lahti

We all remember Litmanen from his performances throughout the 90s for Ajax and Barcelona, and his exploits in the early 2000s with Liverpool. But now, despite being 38, he is a brilliant signing for any team in the Championship, and even as a squad player for Premiership teams. His intelligence and vision make him a perfect AMF/Trequartista. In one season for me at Hull in the Premier League, he scored 21 goals and set up another 27. I played him behind a lone striker and set Litmanen 's position as Trequartista - Attacking.
Litmanan is available for just £65,000! And he'll happily sign for most Championship teams. If you can also get Jack Wilshere on loan, he can provide cover from Litmanen, as at 38 years old he will ned a game off now and then!

(This is my 1st post on this site. Is this the type of post that you guys expect and/or find useful?)

sounds good mate, i haven't tried him as his stats don't seem to say much and yes he is old but i shall try him out one game

He would just retire in a season or two..

Maybe get him on loan, but i wouldn't pay for him, then have to pay all his wages when i could bring younger people in i suppose.

Thanks for the advice mate. He would be good backup for a season or two, but I would prefer to sign a younger player. :)

True he will only last a season or 2, but he only costs 65k, and his wages can be as low as 2k! A bargain if you are looking for an experienced player who can help educate the younger members of your squad.

Back