gordonstrange

Reaction score
I am fairly new to FM14 and hoping for some help. I haven't managed to get to grips with the new tactics layout.

I have taken charge of Perugia in the hope that I can get promotion first season and eventually end up in Serie A.

I'm not looking for a downloadable link or tactic, just looking for some advice on systems to play or some team instructions.

I have signed a really good DM so he will need to start andI have two great strikers on loan with a 3rd as a good back up, so would ideally be playing 2 up front most of the time.

What would be a good formation to build around these guys?

What are some good lower league team instructions?

Is there any way of improving my chances of scoring from set pieces or making my set pieces more dangerous?

Any advice whatsoever would be much appreciated!!

Thank you.

Set pieces requires some things.

Free kicks for instance : Taker should ideallly have "tries long range free kicks" along with "Curls ball" and "hits free kick with power". As for the stats you should ideally improve : Free kick, Crossing, Long shots, Passing, Technique and Composure/Concentration. Usually you should have them aimed at "best header" with your best header/str guy marking the keeper.

As for corners, important is : Corners attribute, crossing and "Curls ball". You should ideally have in-swinging corners, so Right foot guy on the left, Left foot on the right.

If corner taker is skilled, aim long post, if he is just decent, aim near post for a flick on. Attackign near post guy should have good Headers, Jumping Reach and Strenght. Same with the flick-on guy. Same with the players in centre/far post to receive the flick on.

This pretty much sums it up.

With the players you have i'd look to play a 4-1-3-2 with 3 central midfielders. It worked well in my Forest Green save winning promotion. Good luck.