Peterborough United to The Promise Land

Reaction score
I have only ever produced one other story and it didn't last very long so hopefully this one will be more of a success. I welcome any constructive critisism so please leave any feedback :

Short-Term Ambitions:
  • Stay in the nPower Championship
  • Push for top half and the play-offs
Long-Term Ambitions:
  • Win Promotion to the Premier League
  • Survive the drop in the Premier League 1st Season
Stay tuned, first update will be sometime today and will include Pre-Season and August.

Pre-Season

Peterborough United 4-2 Peterborough United Reserves
Bournemouth 2-2 Peterborough
Hereford 1-3 Peterborough
Exeter 1-3 Peterborough
Peterborough 0-6 Liverpool (TV)
Accrington 0-4 Peterborough

Pre-Season Review
An average pre-season, all players looking sharp and ready for the new season to begin.

Transfers in:
Herita Ilunga (Free Transfer)
Nicky Ajose (Although not a signing, I recalled him from his loan)

Transfers out:
None

06/08/2011 - nPower Championship - Peterborough United 0-1 Millwall (Keogh)
Disappointing result, especially as we dominated the game, couldn't convert any chances and we paid for that in the end.

09/08/2011 - League Cup - Burton Albion 1 (Tunnicliffe O.G) - 3 Peterborough (Tomlin3)
Good result and a hat-trick from Lee Tomlin gave sealed a place in the 2nd Round for a young Posh side which featured 3 players from the youth team.

13/08/2011 - nPower Championship - Barnsley 0-0 Peterborough
Hardly any chances created by either side, both lacked spark and that final pass but a good defensive performance from all.

16/08/2011 - nPower Championship - Peterborough 1 (Tomlin) - 0 Bristol City
Fantastic defensive performance allowed us to get our first victory in the league. 16 year old Matt Sparrow made his debut for The Posh and did well in a difficult game for the youngster. Hopefully we can carry on this form and get up the table.

20/08/2011 - nPower Championship - Ipswich 2 (Edwards, Webber) - 1 Peterborough (Boyd)
Missed chances cost us again, strikers couldn't convert and Ipswich made the most of their chances. Maybe a change is needed up top to liven things up a little.

23/08/2011 - League Cup - Wolves 3 (Ebanks-Blake2, Rhodes) - 1 Peterborough (Brisley)
Good performance from the boys but the quality of the Premier League side was on show and they fully deserved to win the match.

27/08/2011 - nPower Championship - Peterborough 2 (Brisley, Ajose) - 0 Watford
A great win from Posh saw us come out victorious against a tough Watford side. Man of the Match George Boyd put in a great performance with 2 assists for The Posh.

August Review

7 points from 5 games in August leaves us 9th in the league. A very good start to the season and despite being knocked out of the League Cup by Wolves, the Board are satisfied with my efforts so far.

Man of the Month Award:
1) Shaun Brisley (6 games, 7.20 rating)
2) George Boyd (5 games, 7.32 rating)
3) Craig Alcock (5 games, 7.10 rating)

it could be a good story but you may need to put more effort in to it. you could do things like making up chats with the chairmen, talking to the press, player bust ups etc a succesfull story is where people put more time in to it than just putting results and a sentence after every game.

i'd rather you keep the format you already are than waste time with the whole 'chats' and bust ups thing, looks so much better!

Back