DerbyNick

Reaction score
Just been promoted from League 1 with Peterborough in my first season,

I am looking for back to back promotions, and with 800k to spend, was wondering who I could sign to help me achive this

My current team is:

GK: Lewis
RB: Little
CB: Bennett
CB: Spence (loan)
LB: Harris
RM: Tomlin
CM: Wesolowski
CM: McCann
LM: Boyd
ST: Mackail-Smith
ST: Brandy

Thank you...

800k is not that much to revamp your team for back to back promotions. I would say look at the free agents and try to pickup a good deal there. Maybe look at Derwin Quintero from Santos Laguna, as he is a weapon of a striker in the championship - scored 25 goals for me as a poacher (might be hard to get him for 800k, as I had to spend 1.1m for him).

Free transfers. Pause the game and check what contracts are about to expire, unticking the 'unrealistic targets' box - many players will agree to join your team once they are left unemployed. This does not mean Messi will join the Posh when he leaves Barça, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

That said, you may wanna take a look at Borini, Guidetti, Hargreaves, Owen, Pierre-Alain Frau, Mahamadou Diarra, Thiago Alcântara (Very hard to get him in the championship, but if he happens to be injured by the time his contract's over nobody else will be interested), Fabricio Fontanini, Maximiliano Moralez, Jonathan Woodgate, Simon Cziommer, Mika Vayrynen, Mark van Bommel, Philipp Klement, Franco Costanzo, Juan Pablo Carrizo and Juan Jose Calatayud. These are off the top of my head, so you'll probably find plenty more (And probably better ones, too).