• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 672

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Football clubs should not impose a total ban on players' use of Twitter according to Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor.

More...

I think it would be ridiculous if they did...

Twitter may not be for everyone, but it does provide some sort of connection between fan and player - whether it be a giveaway, a RT or just them telling you about playing FIFA 11.

tricky one really. I agree that players should not comment on behind the doors club matters, that is a big no no. And some of the things that are said about the club may not even be true. But I suppose it does keep a back door communication open for players and their fans about day to day things. So I'm with Fergie, Pardew and Allardyce on the club matters.

tricky one really. I agree that players should not comment on behind the doors club matters, that is a big no no. And some of the things that are said about the club may not even be true. But I suppose it does keep a back door communication open for players and their fans about day to day things. So I'm with Fergie, Pardew and Allardyce on the club matters.
What this guy said. Tweeting stuff like what's happening in their normal life would be fine and good for a football fan, but tweets about the club behind doors is a no-no-no. I mean, I would love to challenge Lampard at FIFA some day :P

I just think Players should know how to use Twitter responsibly, I mean tweetung stuff about what they are doing etc. is fine but managers should make it clear that they cannot tweet about whats going on in the club or about their matches, that should be left to the manager to decide whether that sort of info should be made public or not and should certainly not come to the limelight through twitter

Its a freedom of speech and they are entitled to do it the way they wish. In saying that I also believe that clubs have the right to fine players and reprimand them for bad conduct. Just like they would not be allowed to say certain things in a press conference and just like as an employee if we speak badly about our employers should expect similar if not worse consequences.

I hate twitter so I can't say I'd be sad if they ban twitter, although I would agree that it may be a little too excessive.

Its a freedom of speech and they are entitled to do it the way they wish. In saying that I also believe that clubs have the right to fine players and reprimand them for bad conduct. Just like they would not be allowed to say certain things in a press conference and just like as an employee if we speak badly about our employers should expect similar if not worse consequences.

agree with this .... look the clubs should tell players that ok, use Twitter if you like but watch what you write on it and make sure it does not potray the club or any of its players, staff etc. in controversial light

I think clubs should go down the same route Wolves are, by putting their players in a room with a guy telling them what they can and can't post, and what will happen if they post something wrong...

The majority of the players on Twitter are responsible, i follow **** loads of players... Tim Cahill is always interacting with fans, Charlie Adam is always retweeting fans and done a shirt giveaway not that long ago... if players done stuff like what Adam and Cahill do, instead of the ***** that Joey Barton has caused, Twitter would be much better

Just do what SAF does, let them tweet to their hearts content, just dont mention the club dealing and goings on. Its basic sense, stop treating them like 10 year olds

I think clubs should go down the same route Wolves are, by putting their players in a room with a guy telling them what they can and can't post, and what will happen if they post something wrong...

The majority of the players on Twitter are responsible, i follow **** loads of players... Tim Cahill is always interacting with fans, Charlie Adam is always retweeting fans and done a shirt giveaway not that long ago... if players done stuff like what Adam and Cahill do, instead of the ***** that Joey Barton has caused, Twitter would be much better

exactly give them the guidelines and be done with it

Back