• Thread starter Thread starter jpflfc96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

jpflfc96

Reaction score
View attachment 239918

Fletcher resigns as Plymouth manager

Plymouth's pre-season preparations have been thrown into turmoil after manager Carl Fletcher left the club, due to the job carrying too much stress. He has also retired from playing duty due to the lack of club funds, and he has said it will help the wage bill. With not many candidates coming forward for the post, it looks like Josh Feehily, an upcoming prospect in the game, may take over at the club, it will be his first taste of football management.

View attachment 239920

Plymouth move quick to replace Fletcher

Plymouth Argyle have moved quick to replace Carl Fletcher, appointing former Plymouth player Josh Feehily, who retired as their midfielder last season. The 38 year-old has joined the club on a two year contract rumoured to be worth around £60,000 a year. This is what Josh Feehily had to say: "Carl [Fletcher] personally recommended me and as soon as I was approached, I couldn't turn it down. As a former player here I want to repay the fans with promotion, I retired when we were relegated and wish to get us back up straight away. The squad is full of talent and I'm sure we can get back up."

The story will be a mix of 'news articles' and personal views. There will be an update later!

View attachment 239923

Feehily makes first signing as Argyle boss

Josh Feehily has dipped into the transfer market for the first time as Plymouth boss without having to pay a single penny. He has signed 18 year old midfielder Erik Opsahl on a free transfer. The American who left Reading in the summer, is thrilled to have signed for Plymouth. "I'm delighted. I was unhappy to leave Reading but I got a call from Josh asking if I was interested and I said yes straight away, he's a great character and can't wait to work with him." He joins the club on a 2 year deal, on a youth contract, paying about £55 a week.

So, completed the deal of Erik Opsahl. It's a great one and his wages aren't too much. Lost our first pre-season friendly at home to Leicester 3-1 but won away at Saltash 3-1, so all in all, things are looking ok. With no transfer budget it will be tough but we have some decent loan players to propell us into League 1 and beyond. First league game is Wimbledon away! Will be tough but three points is possible as they are a recently promoted side.

Pre-season not going so great after 3-1 win against Saltash. We've lost two (Hibernian and Burnley) and drawn one (Havant & Waterlooville). It's frustrating with lack of money but the challenge must commence!!

View attachment 239934

Feehily: "No signings likely!"
Josh Feehily has told supporters of the club that signings are very unlikely for the whole season never mind the summer, due to a lack of finances. Plymouth have made just one signing this summer, 18 year old Erik Opsahl, and Feehily admits this probably won't change: "It's tough but when we have no money, then signings will be tough. Loans are our best option but we don't want to heavily rely on them. We are matching the current wage bill which is good but I can't see any more signings this season unless I am provided with some funds. I get minimal amounts to spend from transfer fees which is very frustrating."

Won last pre-season game 3-1 away at Salisbury, seems a bit of a recurring scoreline. Next match away to Wimbledon, first league game and think we could win. Extended contracts of Purse and Blanchard, Purse took a wage cut which is great. Got a niggling feeling we could ****** the game at Wimbledon.

Spirited fightback earns Plymouth point

Wimbledon 2-2 Plymouth
(Harrison (2); Tsoumou, Soukouna)

View attachment 240177

A superb fightback from Plymouth earned them a point in Josh Feehily's first game in charge. It started very well for the hosts, who took the lead after just six minutes, Robbie Williams being caught in midfield with Byron Harrison running and scoring a 20-yard chip. The rest of the first half was fairly uneventful, Darren Purse forcing a great save from Dons 'keeper Seb Brown.

It got worse for Plymouth just four minutes after the break, Ricky Wellard played a long ball into the Plymouth area, where Jake Cole should have come out to smother, but let Harrison nip in and tuck it into the corner, it looked like plain sailing for the hosts. With 15 minutes to go, Curtis Nelson of Plymouth rattled the bar from a header off a Joe Lennox corner. Just two minutes later; Lennox burst down the right and drilled in a cross for Juvhel Tsoumou to crash home. With just three minutes to go of the 90, Lennox turned provider again as his corner was headed in by substitute Ladji Soukouna. A great comeback from Feehily's boys which should fill them with confidence as they go into there League Cup tie away to rivals Exeter on Tuesday.

Man of the match: Byron Harrison (Wimbledon)

Should be an update later for those that are following. May change the structure so it's from my point of view!

Back