jem2701

Reaction score
Hi i am currently managering Shrewsbury and it dont no weather to play the pre season or not. I have started my season over and over again due to a bad start in the season .Skiping preseason doe it affect m players ?

Cheer

You need pre season to get your players fit for the season. They need match practice to be ready otherwise they will be playing competitive matches without any match fitness. Yes, there are the risks of players getting injured but it is a worthwhile risk

Well i still play the pre season games but what i do is go on holiday this my first league .This sometimes affects my first league game result

as long as your team plays the games it will be fine, Pre season is essential even more so in the lower leagues, a possible chance to make some money by friendly's with bigger teams

Sorry, I misunderstood you before. I agree that you going on holiday for pre-season shouldn't matter when it comes to the first league game as long as the pre-season games are played. It may be that the squad is lacking and that is why they struggle at the start. Also if you have bought in a few players, they may not perform for a while

I always play, it's a vital time to get your team used to the way you manage an get used to your tactics, you can also adjust you tactic on how you players play in this period, so not only do i play them i make sure i watch how my team play an perform in this period

I always like to play the pre season as it gives you time to tinker around with your tactics and found out the best one to play, plus it gives new signings more time to gel with there new team-mates

i always play it, it may be a little annoying but a little patience can make your team fitter and ready for the new season

always, but I go into holidays and tell my assistant to play what I think will be my regulars and with my tactic.