istate

Reaction score
I was interested in knowing how people got on playing multiple seasons in one career with one tactic.
How did you get on?
Did you find that it worked every season?
What did you find to be the best tactic for you in the long run?

I would really appreciate some comments.
Its interesting hearing peoples success stories too!
:):):):):):)

Be interested to find this out too. I can't seem to get any tactic to work for me...created or downloaded.
Be nice to know what is working for people :)

apparently there is a lot to do with players adjusting to squads and morale levels.
ive been paying more attention to players adjusting to squads and it is somewhat improving

Played only one tactic in my career with San Marino as of 2016 and I'd say I've been quite succesful, gaining three consecutive promotions to Serie A and then getting excellent results in top tier. Sure I make tweaks according to different opponents and situations but nothing major (eg waste time when leading, slower tempo away etc)

I apologise for shameless self-promotion, but if you want to know more details about my career and results you can check my story thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/87029-not-another-san-marino-story.html :)

Tactic is only a part of the puzzle. Honestly, I've found success hinges just as much on team talks, squad talent level, and team chemistry. You have to have the players who fit the tactic, and you have to get them working together.

And nothing gets you unexpected points like high quality team talks. Learn the art and love it.

I'm in season 2 with Cardiff and i use the same two tactics (Home and Away) and am slowly getting results. I noticed that after a few signings all my tactical knowledge from my players sank. So i had to go and reteach it to them. You just have to be wary of it and ensure that you continually keep the knowledge of that tactic high.

I'm starting to see success now, Back to beating PL teams 4-1 and 3-0. Was beating Championship teams 4-0 in my first season. I drastically improved my squad between the seasons, spent 37 mil on players so it was just a matter of time before they started to gel.

I posted one of my tactics in a previous thread, but i'll add both the ones I am using now. I cannot remember who created the "Experimental" tactic, It was some one on here and that has worked like a charm for me with home games.