AdamWilliam__

Reaction score
Just been promoted in my first season to the Premiership with Scunthorpe United, been giving £17 million to spend in an attempt to avoid relegation. So far I have signed:

Alex Smithies - £3.5 Million
Christian Ribeiro - £750k
Ryan Bennett - £1.5 Million
Gary Madine - £600k
Joe Allen - £1.5 Million
Adam Rooney - Free Transfer
Anthony Pilkington - £1.4 Million
Jordan Rhodes - £3.1 Million
Joe Mattock - £2 Million

This has strengthened my squad in pretty much every position, and I have my players from last season to provide back up. Amongst those is Leigh Griffiths, so I have a good enough strike force I should think. Rooney was buy far the biggest bargain I think, I managed to pick him up on a free and last season he scored 29 in 33 games for Inverness so I'm hoping he can provide a good return for me too.

I was just wondering could anyone recommend a British central midfielder who can provide the ammunition for my strikers? I had Josh McEachran from Chelsea on loan last season and he provided a lot of assists however he has obviously not returned to Chelsea, I also have Michael O'Connor who finished with the highest number of assists in the league last season, but I doubt he can provide them in the Premiership.

Preferably someone under 25 would be great, as I always look to sign younger players :)

You could loan in John Bostock from Spurs, or check if Ramsey if listed for loan, he was on my save

Yea, Ramsey would be a good idea.

(BTW Gary Madine is a legend)

Just offered for Bostock, Ramsey won't come as I can't pay enough percentage of his wage :/

I signed Madine then loaned him straight out as I don't think he'll have much chance of first team football with me yet, I do have high hopes for him though :)

Look no further than Tom Cairney mate.
Get him for £3-4 million from Hull, already a quality player and just gets better..

I did look at him, only problem is Chelsea signed him at the start of the first season :/
Suppose I could try and loan him though, looks like a class player

Jack collison, Fabian Delph, Jonjo Shelvey, Johnny Howson, Alex Chamberlin can play in the centre aswell as provide you with a top quality right winger.

Hodson is good, was looking at him for my United squad. Didn't seem to be good enough for me, but should be more than good enough for relegation battles.

Also, Jordon Mutch is a good one, from Birmingham. Not sure about creativity, but he can play at CM/DM.

Cheers for all the suggestions!
I would have signed Lee Hodson, but he went to United at the start of the 1st season :/ but I'm happy enough to settle for Ribeiro :)
I've managed to sign Cairney on loan for the season, so he should be enough until I get more funds to sign a permanent creative player. I'm looking for a decent Left winger now, preferably someone with good dribbling. I have signed Graham Carey from Celtic, only 22 and looks a decent prospect

Back