Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for a bit of info..

.. StuW is a graphics moderator ;)

I mean come one. The names are green for a reason, as highlighted. Show some respect. I've been playing FM for a good while, like when it came out on the commodore 64, but that doesn't mean i know everything. I still respect other members opinion, as there are still things I'm missing and doing wrong, as they're more analytical, and I admit thats my flaw, and I appreciate the advice they give.

Precisely. I wrote a guide for FM10 on Training segments, and multiple reputable and trustworthy sources said that Flair cannot be influenced by training alone. I am not pretending to know every conceivable thing about FM11, and never will, but when I know I am correct, I don't back away.

FLAIR is a mental stat. Therefore, it will not be affected by Ball Control training.
Are you suggesting I should train my player in tactics then, to improve his flair?
I know that's not what you are saying, but why are you disputing flair being affected by ball control?

I mean, with your green name and all, is that really what you are disputing? You need to read up on your FM, mate.

This is something I highly doubt.
That is fair. I often doubt others claims too. If you are interested though, however doubtful you are, I have been around since championship manager 2.

Excuse me for not responding to the "verbal abuse" comments that are being thrown at me, by the way, I hope you won't get mad. I would, usually, but there are just too many to reply to, and neither of them contribute anything to the topic.

I am not pretending to know every conceivable thing about FM11, and never will, but when I know I am correct, I don't back away.
I think you and I are quite similar in this regard then. I'm sorry to disagree with your green name, which your peers seem to regard very highly (and thus automatically submit to your word) but you are simply wrong. I don't say it to be insulting, or otherwise ruin this thread further... Although I'm sure more bunnies will come to your rescue, and call me a **** for not being put in my place.

Last edited:
Just for a bit of info..

.. StuW is a graphics moderator ;)

And that means what???

I am skilled in Graphics, and that is my area of expertise, but I do play the game, and have knowledge of other segments:)

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Are you suggesting I should train my player in tactics then, to improve his flair?
I know that's not what you are saying, but why are you disputing flair being affected by ball control?

I mean, with your green name and all, is that really what you are disputing? You need to read up on your FM, mate.

That is fair. I often doubt others claims too. If you are interested though, however doubtful you are, I have been around since championship manager 2.

Excuse me for not responding to the "verbal abuse" comments that are being thrown at me, by the way, I hope you won't get mad. I would, usually, but there are just too many to reply to, and neither of them contribute anything to topic.

No, I am disputing your argument against those facts that have been confirmed by numerous people who are reliable.

And that means what???

I am skilled in Graphics, and that is my area of expertise, but I do play the game, and have knowledge of other segments:)

Just twisting your balls mate :) Just saying the green name doesn't mean you know about every area, much like I don't have a great expertise in the Graphics or tactics section :) not that I am saying you don't know what your talking about. :)

Flair is an innate sixth sense ability, as it were, the ability to do the unexpected and magical. Now ask yourself logically how flair would have an exponential increase from ball control training.

Last edited:
It's quite clear that Flair isn't a stat that is attributed to training alone, given you get 14 year old youth players who start with 16+ Flair.

Use your head. It's similar to Determination.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/fm2011-training-masterclass-t53051.html

Ball Control (general training)
This category affects 5 different attributes; Dribbling, First Touch, Technique, Flair and Heading. All are technical or accuracy attributes except for Flair, which is an attribute that controls the unpredictability of a player. This category is useful if you feel your players repertoire is limited, and/or if you feel the player needs to control the ball better, as indicated by the category name.

Short-Term Training
If you want to quickly raise a specific player attribute, first find the training category in which the attribute is learned. Then check to see if the attribute can be learned through individual focus. Here is the list of what attributes are trained by what category/focus;

Flair – training category Ball Control

btw, anybody notice anything similar with the article on the blog with the article Mantralux posted?

Flair is BC training, always has been, but playing the kid in the first-team will also aid him to improve it - the more first team games he plays, the more 'tricks' he'll learn, and the more flamboyant he'll become... I don't think that he will ever break the 10 mark, but who really knows with WK's?

And that means what???

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

No, I am disputing your argument against those facts that have been confirmed by numerous people who are reliable.

Okay then. I'm not blatantly going to dismiss it then. Show me a source. I already linked one, and I'll happily link it again:Here.

Here is a quote from that page: "The attributes that you can’t increase through training are Aggression, Bravery, Creativity, Determination and Influence – all mental attributes that are increased through other means (first team action, player growth, etc)."

Flair is an innate sixth sense ability, as it were, the ability to do the unexpected and magical, if I understand it correctly. Now ask yourself logically how flair would increase from ball control training.

I'm not asking myself how anything works "logically" or "in the real world". I know the mechanics of the management-sim that is Football Manager, and those are the ones I am talking about.

btw, anybody notice anything similar with the article on the blog with the article Mantralux posted?
While the blog may also certainly be of this Mantralux' making, I cannot be sure of this. If I linked someone ripping this user off, I sincerely apologise. I didn't mean to endorse such actions.

Last edited:
It's my opinion that "mental" stats improve more by 1. Age/experience and 2. Tutoring.

Training can improve mental stats, but not as effectively as tutoring.

Realistically what would be the best way to improve a persons, lets say, bravery (or workrate)? Telling him to practice being brave (working harder), or putting him on the hip of a brave man (someone who works hard)?

Last edited:
this is an interesting read

i think Kresh (you know, the guy who started this thread, remember him) has enough tips/links/info to carry on playing - perhaps this thread should be closed before full scale war erupts...

this is an interesting read

i think Kresh (you know, the guy who started this thread, remember him) has enough tips/links/info to carry on playing - perhaps this thread should be closed before full scale war erupts...

I think the thread proves that even though users have green names, they are not always right. I say make it a sticky.

Maybe that would stop people gangabusing new users when the stand of these conflict with the stand of "veterans". That was certainly not a warm welcoming. Even if, in hindsight, I may have been arrogant, I don't think it justifies having 5 (or however many) users join a thread simply to slander me and agree with the mod.

I'm interested in finding out the owner of the blog you linked to...

complete with it's plagiarised content...

I think the thread proves that even though users have green names, they are not always right. I say make it a sticky.

Maybe that would stop people gangabusing new users when the stand of these conflict with the stand of "veterans". That was certainly not a warm welcoming. Even if, in hindsight, I may have been arrogant, I don't think it justifies having 5 (or however many) users join a thread simply to slander me and agree with the mod.

violin.gif

So much for "I dont care about being liked"

I'm interested in finding out the owner of the blog you linked to...

complete with it's plagiarised content...
Aye, 'fraid I can't be of much help to you there.
I knew I was right, so I just did a quick "football manager flair training" google search to find a source.

Upon closer inspection, the blog seems to contain a vast number of collected items for many different versions of football manager. I don't think the author is behind any of it, as he even just provides links for downloads, if you press to view content on the other(older) manager versions.

I believe StuW :)
And why shouldn't you, his name is green, isn't it?
I'm a very new user, so I don't know how highly-valued Mantralux (his guide is brilliant, so I assume might as well have a green name, yeah?) and this Lazaru5 (who doesn't seem to be too keen on not simply calling it like it is, which I assume is something that comes with time on the forums?) but maybe you can take their word over mine.
For your own sake (in FM), know that flair depends on BC training.

violin.gif

So much for "I dont care about being liked"
Thanks for the violin, that's awfully nice of you. Way to up the ante.

There is a difference between having been on the forums for 1 day, and noticing that there is some serious elitism going on and then mindless whining that one is not liked. When you get older and more mature, maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.

With all due respect, there is no elitism, but why do insist on proving to everybody that you are right all the time? There's no need for it

With all due respect, there is no elitism, but why do insist on proving to everybody that you are right all the time? There's no need for it

insecurity, which is highlighted by the "they are ganging up on me" comment.

:'(

And I'm guessing by his comment he's assuming we're all little kids who are immature. pot calling kettle black me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.