Player Development? Does standard of league affect the rate in which players improve

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

cragswfc

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, so hope this is the right place.

OKay, well i'm Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukrainian league, i have several class up and coming young Brazilians that i want to develop and nurture into world class players. Now i know the Ukrainian league isn't exactly one of the top leagues but will this impact on these players rate of development? Or if they get first team football along with tutoring will this infact be sufficient?

I have players such as Neymar, Coutinho, Bernardo, Guiliano, Welliton, Douglas Costa and Sandro, all of which i believe have the potential to be world class.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

First team football, good coaches and schedules are the best way to develop youngsters at your club. Its the youth and training facilities that matter the most if youre sending them on loan. Tutoring doesnt seem to have a great effect on players but do it none the less as they dont loose training time over it

At Ukranian league level you can definately develop players to be world class. At Bohemians in the Irish Prem (Coca-Cola Championship standard) some of my players are rapidly improving!

i also would assume factors such as training facilities at the club as well as training schedules would also affect how a player develops, at Shakhtar they have top class training facilities.

Guess i'm hoping some clever person on these boards would be able to give a definitive answer on this and as to how much there develop would be reduced by playing for say Shakhtar in Ukrainian league as opposed to say a team in one of the more established leagues (ie what percentage roughly development is reduced by?).

The advantage of Shakhtar is that im in the Champions league every season so does this improve things in terms of player development?

This quote from the CA/PA Guide linked to above may well answer my question as to whether the quality of league afftects the rate in which a player develops:

"However the reputation of the teams you are playing against appear to have no effect.(see the result data in the test post)"

Any thoughts?

Do you agree or disagree with this from past experience?

Is there any way of maybe testing this?

I find that game play make up the most of the upgrades fulled by a decent training schedule. But I've been fiddling around training schedules lately testing new things out like. Going intense for two months on strength then switching to tactics when I think they have increased to an amount I feel suitable of there ability.

in terms of performances i have no problems there im like 60 odd games unbeaten and all my players currently performing well (touch wood). i play every season in the champions league, but ijn the domestic league you could say theres one maybe two decent teams in there, thats all. The rest would be of poor quality in comparson. Shakhtar reputation is not too low, i mean they won the super league IRL before fm10 came out and are seen as an up and coming side. Since the start of the game (currently start of 3rd season) ive won every domestic competition going and manged to get to the latter stages of the champions league.

The training facilities are top class at the club and the players i wish to nurture and develop are playing international football at under 20 level currently (though i'm sure they will go on to be full internationals - hopefully)

With the above factors in mind, is the development of these players still going to suffer? and if so will it be by much?

Back