• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 14K

hugsy

Reaction score
Hi there,

So i was wondering how a player develops according to hes age

14,15 to 18 - Develops a little, but not that much
18 to 24 - Can develop a lot until he reaches hes PA? After that he will still develop but not that much? is that correct?

I know this will depend of a lot of things, but lets say in general, with right training, tutoring and 1st team football

It's different for every player but yes the dramatic changes (+2/3 to an attribute) seem to only happen before they are 26 or so. But I've noticed if you play a player consistently in his 25-30 years he can still improve a fair amount.
Also once they hit around 30, physical and technical stats will rarely increase and are more likely to decrease, but there will usually be an increase in certain mental attributes.

I have a player i bought when he was 17, he's now 37 and i have a picture from every season he's been here i think,i could post them if you wanted if you think it would help, never really payed a lot of notice to how much players improve yearly but i take SS.

I have a player i bought when he was 17, he's now 37 and i have a picture from every season he's been here i think,i could post them if you wanted if you think it would help, never really payed a lot of notice to how much players improve yearly but i take SS.

get them posted!

I thought that the cap would be near 22, not 24. If so, thats great and much more realistic

Interesting. I've never seen in documented like that but I always noticed 31-33 aged players have their physical stats drop that hard. I'm sure higher Natural fitness can delay it a couple years.

Thx a lot mate, great way to compare development stages, you did train him well

From this info, i see that the players 1st grow physical atributes, then technical and after that mental, wich means thati can focus the training depending the age, giving boosts with the diferent areas in diferent ages!

well

Are you just spamming all threads with "well"?

There's 3 main stages:
- until 24: focus on physical training
- between 24 and 28: focus on technical training
- until 32: the mental attributes will mainly increase

To focus on physical training doesn't mean to leave the rest, what I mean is, until 24 is the best "window" to increase significantly his pace, strenght, agility... as his attributes are capped and can't really increase after this age. Not too high to reduce the injury risk but at a good level (depending on the player's injury proneness) to improve quicker these attributes. From 24, you can decrease a part of the physical training to maintain his attributes and increase the technical trainings, etc...

Another point is did you have the player in your team from his 16, 17, 18? Or did you buy him at 25, 26, 27? In the last option, you still can increase a bit of his physical attributes if he didn't have a good training in his past (and didn't reach his max potential attributes). Know that a the player's PA is an average/overall grade. It means when a player reached his PA, he can't increase anymore his attributes (he can't have 19 in pace if his possible max rate is 16 in this category, but it can be redistributed depending on your training focus (like -1 pace, and +1 strenght)).

A player can start to lose his stats around 30, but it all depends on your management. A player can keep ALL his attributes if he has the proper training, he plays regularly, you respect his QPN, no injuries... The position is a factor which should help you to prepare your training as well:
- a striker perform at his best between 24 to 28
- a midfield between 26 to 30
- a defender between 28 to 32
- a goalkeeper around 32

As you said, it depends on a lot of other factor too (tutoring, time play, training level, facilities, how long in your U18 training program, professionalism, ambition, injury proneness...).
Hope this helped you in some parts.

From this info, i see that the players 1st grow physical atributes, then technical and after that mental, wich means thati can focus the training depending the age, giving boosts with the diferent areas in diferent ages!

Oh, I didn't read that one. Anyway, I definitely agree with this 3 steps process :)

Back