Player Development - U18s in countries such as Brazil

• Thread starter Thread starter England66
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

England66

Reaction score
Countries such as Brazil, Croatia etc. do not allow players under the age of 18 to move countries, so would that stop you buying a player, how good would they have to be for you to wait for them? And also how would that effect their long term development in your opinions?

Cheers

I find generally you can sign them for pretty cheap, and if you're looking for the future anyway you may as well sign them. I'll always have enough players to keep a filled first team, but every season I'll sign a couple of youngsters from abroad so they (when they're old enough) can jump almost straight into the first team. Brazillian youngsters I find developed reasonably well, even in Brazil.

I agree with Sketchkov, ive found a few world class regens from brazil and signed them when they were 15 and by the time they came to my club the where beasts.

Yeah, I was just curious, I very rarely go for a player where I'm not in charge of their development for the fundamental years. That said if they can become amazing it is worth the risk. A standard one I have bought is Halilovic. Still have another season till he comes in but he looks the business so we'll see.

Slightly related question, if you sign a youngster from another country like this, will they learn your countries language just from being under contract? I am currently playing as a German club, and i really don't want people that don't know German, or have a problem with getting beer at halftime.

Slightly related question, if you sign a youngster from another country like this, will they learn your countries language just from being under contract? I am currently playing as a German club, and i really don't want people that don't know German, or have a problem with getting beer at halftime.

I don't think they do learn the language just from under contract but need to be in contact with those who know the language and possibly in the country, as I mentioned I have bought Halilovic, he has been under contract with me for a season and doesn't know english even basic leading me to believe that they have to be at the club. But yeah anyone not willing to get the beer doesn't deserve to be on the team....

Back