Player dont want to join national team

• Thread starter Thread starter Zhu Ling
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

Zhu Ling

Reaction score
hello,

I am currently the manager of the turkish national team in the year 2013-14. I found a regen with very good attributes. He was born in Germany but only has Turkish nationality. When i try to add him in to my national squad, it says he doesnt want to join in the team( I forgot the exact reason but something similiar). There also is NOT any indications such as under Player information that he wants to play for another nation. So What is wrong with him? he is 17 and I want to invite him to the national team but he says no!

Thanks in advance. Please help me to bring him in the national team.

ZL

Last edited:
Are you sure he doesnt have a dual nationality. I had this problem with Irlenad before. A few players were Irish/English and would only consider a call up from england.
Some players actually dont want to play internationals either. I had a brazilian regen also who didnt want to play for brazil despite not having another nationality.
Also if you have your squad announced and have to replace an injured player sometimes players will not join up with the team because they wernt picked in the original squad.
And finally if its a friendly your playing some managers dont allow their squad players to go on friendly duty for internationals.

I am pretty sure he does not have another nationality. It was a friendly game but i didnt want to choose him as replacement but wanted to try him in the friendy match. By the way that player plays in the club that i manage. What a waste of talent, if he decides not to play for the national team.

If he was born in Germany he obviously has another nationality... He's waiting for a call-up from Germany.

Post a screenshot but if it says "place of birth: Germany" then he's quite clearly a German.

I've never heard of a player completely rejecting a call-up, but I guess it's not impossible. :S

I am back home now and I saw that he has actually dual citizenship. But there is no information if he would rather play for Turkey or Germany... Screenshot attached.

Sounds like he's waiting for a call up from Germany. If he plays for a country, he can't play for any other in the future.

not unusual then, keep trying every month he might accept the call up at some point.

btw he must be very good, already described as playmaker forward at just 17. Mind posting a screenshot of his attributes?

Not really, if you can develop a positive relationship with him it will help. But you will just have to wait it out and hope Germany never comes calling. From my experience of past games, it usually takes a player with Italian and Sammarinese nationality until about 22-23 before they realise they are never gonna play for Italy and accept my offer

Back