Player growth

• Thread starter Thread starter hugsy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

hugsy

Reaction score
So, does a young player need to start a game to actually develop? or i can just put him at second time or about 60min of the game? Also, does age matter in this case? If hes older, lets say about 20 years, only way he can develop is if hes starting the games?

Thx a lot

A player aged 17-19 will develop slowely if given no game time, but much faster if given game time.

If a player only plays 60 mins a game its still speeds up development, but not as much as full games. However, playing him for only 60 mins reduces the chances of injury which will seriosly set him back( eg ramsey)

I tend to play them around two times a month in low pressure games, enough for them to be match fit. Otherwise I stick them on the bench and put them on when I have a two goal lead. If you are in a smaller club with lower expectations it's a lot easier to play youngsters than if you are in a club like Juve that will sack you if you lose a few games, so if you are in a big club I would just buy ready made players and only develop players if they have 5 star potential.

I arrange friendlies with bigger teams and overload the junior squad with this games, making about 60 per season, plus the ones who go to the B-Team. Also playing them in cups and end of season if champion in advance.

Very important: if a player you want to develop dont have a team place, put him on a feeder club or something like that (loan).

Players will develop faster if playing against bigger teams and doing alot of games

I've personally not noticed a difference in their development, but I prefer to start them because then at least I have an option to take them off if they suck. If I always start my first team then by the time I consider the game "won" (60 minutes for 3-0 or 70 for 2-0), it's not enough time.

Youth players can turn out just fine if you introduce them after say 70 minutes around 8 times a season. By the time they're 19 they really should be getting a lot more footy though for best results.

What I've done in my Wolves save is I have my first team play the tough games and Euro games. Then for all the other games I use my "Future" team. This is a team that was all bought by me while they were 18 or younger or came through my system that is good enough for softer competition in Prem, they are all 18 or older to be called up to 1st team, I have a hard time playing anyone younger. So far in my latest season, I have played my 1st team about 25 games by April. My Future team has about 14 starts. It's really nice having that solid team of youngsters to rest my 1st team. And they are all gelling together well. In a few years they will be my 1st team and I'll have another future team coming through.

Development wise, it's working well. I've only been told that one of my youngin's needs more 1st team action to develop better, but this kid is just world class. I also have a surplus of center mids. I send out the worst ones out, and they will most likely be Seller Fodder. I still have a really good AMC and Striker in my U18s. And just had a new wave of kids come through and I have a very promising Fullback. He may become a "Good" Prem right-back, 3-star.

What I've done in my Wolves save is I have my first team play the tough games and Euro games. Then for all the other games I use my "Future" team. This is a team that was all bought by me while they were 18 or younger or came through my system that is good enough for softer competition in Prem, they are all 18 or older to be called up to 1st team, I have a hard time playing anyone younger. So far in my latest season, I have played my 1st team about 25 games by April. My Future team has about 14 starts. It's really nice having that solid team of youngsters to rest my 1st team. And they are all gelling together well. In a few years they will be my 1st team and I'll have another future team coming through.

Development wise, it's working well. I've only been told that one of my youngin's needs more 1st team action to develop better, but this kid is just world class. I also have a surplus of center mids. I send out the worst ones out, and they will most likely be Seller Fodder. I still have a really good AMC and Striker in my U18s. And just had a new wave of kids come through and I have a very promising Fullback. He may become a "Good" Prem right-back, 3-star.

This is what i do. I started a save with dortmund and one time i got 40 1s team players, my real first team playing rought games and the rest of the games all newgens, now im in 2020, and ive been winning every single tournament for the past 5 years with my developed newgens. I send some for loan since i got 6 defensive mids and cant develop everyone.

Back