Player Instructions vs Team Instructions

• Thread starter Thread starter Ursulla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8K

Ursulla

Reaction score
I have a two questions regarding this issue...I would appreciate anyone who can answer...

1) If I already instruct all my players specific insructions ,do I still need to insruct my team as general?...For example,if I instruct each player to make short passes or direct pasess,do I need to instruct the whole team to play short passes or to play direct passess?

2) What woud happen if a player has a specific instruction which would conflict with a team instructions....For example a player has been instructed to play short while my team instruction is to play direct...Which one he would follow?

If I instruct my back players to play it short and midfield players to play direct and my attacking players to play short how do I instruct my team to play as a whole? I mean once I have different and conflicting instructions for players should I avoid the team instruction or is it still benefical to instruct team even if each player has his own particular style of play?

There's no conflicting but a balance. I think it's a layer over a layer. What is not known (to me) is how much of bump to instruction is each.

Let's say you start with medium and a mentality that sets all to the same (10). You set defenders to short, midfielders nothing and strikers long. Let's say that as result the game sets defenders (5) - midfielders (10) - attackers (15). If you now set the team instructions to play shorter, it'll reduce everyone's and it may end defenders (2) - midfielders (7) - attackers (12). Where the numbers stand for the slide position in the now invisible and inaccessible sliders.

There's no conflicting but a balance. I think it's a layer over a layer. What is not known (to me) is how much of bump to instruction is each.

Let's say you start with medium and a mentality that sets all to the same (10). You set defenders to short, midfielders nothing and strikers long. Let's say that as result the game sets defenders (5) - midfielders (10) - attackers (15). If you now set the team instructions to play shorter, it'll reduce everyone's and it may end defenders (2) - midfielders (7) - attackers (12). Where the numbers stand for the slide position in the now invisible and inaccessible sliders.

Thanks,that was helpful...So If I instruct each player how to pass the ball, there is no need to instruct the whole team how to pass the ball?Right? I can't see any reason to instruct my team how to pass the balls as a general instruction once I have already specifically instruct each player how to pass the ball...How do you tackle this issue with your tactic?

Thanks,that was helpful...So If I instruct each player how to pass the ball, there is no need to instruct the whole team how to pass the ball?Right? I can't see any reason to instruct my team how to pass the balls as a general instruction once I have already specifically instruct each player how to pass the ball...How do you tackle this issue with your tactic?

Answering directly, so to speak, it is not neessary to instruct the whole team if the players already behaved with the enough shorter passing you wished. However, I'd say that may be the opposite way of doing things, if I understood right. Not that it couldn't happen to be the way.

I'd say, if you want the whole team in general playing shorter, then you use the team instruction. Then if any player still needs some specific instruction to pass it even shorter or perhaps not so short, then add the individual instruction to each player. I don't discard the possibility that telling every player to play shorter might have a bit different behavior than the whole team.

The way I do is setting the team instruction I feel like I wish the team to generally use and watch the matches; if I see a general wrong behavior, I change the team instruction, if it's a few players here and there choosing the pass I'd rather them not choosing then I adjust their individual instructions.

If you allow me a little tip on short passing: if you ask a player to pass shorter and shorter, there's a point in which the look-for-pass radius is so small that it's hard to find a player in that range, while the feel-pressed or get-itchy-with-the-ball is not so small, so if the passing short instructions get too exaggerated, the player will turn from passing short to huffing the ball in panic.

Answering directly, so to speak, it is not neessary to instruct the whole team if the players already behaved with the enough shorter passing you wished. However, I'd say that may be the opposite way of doing things, if I understood right. Not that it couldn't happen to be the way.

I'd say, if you want the whole team in general playing shorter, then you use the team instruction. Then if any player still needs some specific instruction to pass it even shorter or perhaps not so short, then add the individual instruction to each player. I don't discard the possibility that telling every player to play shorter might have a bit different behavior than the whole team.

The way I do is setting the team instruction I feel like I wish the team to generally use and watch the matches; if I see a general wrong behavior, I change the team instruction, if it's a few players here and there choosing the pass I'd rather them not choosing then I adjust their individual instructions.

If you allow me a little tip on short passing: if you ask a player to pass shorter and shorter, there's a point in which the look-for-pass radius is so small that it's hard to find a player in that range, while the feel-pressed or get-itchy-with-the-ball is not so small, so if the passing short instructions get too exaggerated, the player will turn from passing short to huffing the ball in panic.

That is all useful info...I rather instruct first all the players to get the most out of each one according to his capability or his limitaion...Than if during match circumstances dictates adjusting the whole behevior of the team I would instruct the team accordingly...

Back