Player Mistakes

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2K

Raikan007

Reaction score
if your player concedes a penalty or scores an own goal or does anything else that is retarded and their match rating drops to like 4's or 5's, how do you go about rectifying this?

is there a way to try and get them up to mid 6's or even 7's?

i personally sub them immediately, no matter what stage of the game etc etc.

share your views and thoughts on this matter :D

Well if it's early on then there rating will go back up gradually, although that depends on whether they recover from the mistake. Personally I don't look to much at the rating, a player who is play a 5 or 6 can easily make a great save, interception or score so if you are confident then keep them on the pitch, but if it's somebody who is constantly doing this then just bench them for a couple of games and they should be fine. Their morale has a huge part to play in the game so don't dishearten them too much either.

no i dont at all, i never get angry with them, i have tried to leave them on and they just go on to cost me more goals and mistakes! my teams morale is always as good as i can possible make it, that wins you games and cups, believe me :D

what about team talks? tell them you have faith in their ability?
i'm guessing this is when having a few players with very high influence could help give underperfoming player a kick up the *** on the pith.

You need to get angry with them. Ive read guides that say never get angry with players but thats **** as far as im concerned.

I dont pay that much attention to the match ratings, as they only seem to be affected by a payer socring a goal or creating one. Ive had players on 4s and 5s for 80 minutes, who then pop up and score 2 goals and get named man of the match.

"You have faith"

And then they get better. Rarely does shouting at them work.

If a player has a rating of below 6 by half time, mistake or no mistake he gets the dissapointment treatment. If by 70 mins it hasn't worked, sub him off.

I only check their rating at half-time. If I find anyone like that I shout with them too. Then I wait until 55' (nearly) and see how they are going. If they are the same thing, I sub them

i only find it to be my CB's and its not very often, i tow the line... i have tried fining them ( issue a warning for poor performance ) generally ive give them the benefit, if its one of my better players ill do 'i have faith' if its someone who isnt quite a regular team player i sub them and get angry on their *****... personally i havent benched a player for a number of games from this, but i do try and encourage them not to do it again, with the fine/warning.. if the rest of the team argue back and think its unfair then it probably is... but how else will they learn? ha.. if you get a higher rep and they 'like' you i think they might listen to you more if you critise them..

For me it depends on whether it's a home or away game.

If it's a home fixture I tend to get angry, especially if the player is performing noticeably lower than his team mates.

If it's an away game, then I'd tend to show them a little faith.

The only time I'd shy away from getting angry is if it's early in a game and my reputation isn't high enough.

Cheers,

Kitch.

You need to get angry with them. Ive read guides that say never get angry with players but thats **** as far as im concerned.
I agree. Shouting at them gets them fired up and they always end up with a much improved rating at the end of the game

I don't care how important they are if they're getting ratings lower than 6 I will shout at them during. Most of the players will react properly and plays much better. But if they made a blatant mistake during the second half I usually sub them off immediately.

I follow a rough template.

Home/Relatively poor - I am disappoint
Home/ Awful - Screaming banshee
Away/Anything - I believe in you

Can't say with any real confidence whether this works, but I do it all the same.

Well, the team talk is affected by your players personalities. when my players are underperforming, I shout at them and it usually gets about half of them fired up or looking motivated. Especially the big players, Cesc RVP Gallas Arshavin, they all like it rough :P

If a player is averaging below 6.7 or so at half time I'll let him know he's wasting space. I occasionally upset some players but they seem to perform well. I'm always lenient with new signings unless they come with a larger fee.

Back