dannyrefc

Reaction score
simple question guys, looking for some help, how do i get my players to pass and then move instead of passing and standing still so no one makes space for a pass forward ?!?

Is that a winger or a forward we're talking about, because you probably don't want your CBs or DMs to play one-twos.

For advanced and wide players, try giving them a free role, roaming.

Also see if they can learn to play one-twos.

But it depends on your overall tactic. There might be an underlying reason as to why they don't move that individual instructions won't fix.

Its also have to do with their mentality setting. If thet are on the highest menatlity, they will look for free space ahead of them more often than if being on the lowest of the mentality settings.

Its also have to do with their mentality setting. If thet are on the highest menatlity, they will look for free space ahead of them more often than if being on the lowest of the mentality settings.

Absolutely, forgot to mention this one! LOL

haha thanks guys sorry for the little detail, its a 4-2-3-1, i want my LW CAM RW to all move round , they dont do it enough for me and i give them alot of creative freedom, free roaming and high mentalitys , and all that other good stuff its just like when they pass they dont move so the player with the ball has no options so end up passing either backwards or to the same player over and over again and not making forward passes!, the overall problem is im not scoring many and not creating alot of chances so i was wandering if more movement will make more chances? like making runs behind and finding a through ball ? thanks

haha thanks guys sorry for the little detail, its a 4-2-3-1, i want my LW CAM RW to all move round , they dont do it enough for me and i give them alot of creative freedom, free roaming and high mentalitys , and all that other good stuff its just like when they pass they dont move so the player with the ball has no options so end up passing either backwards or to the same player over and over again and not making forward passes!, the overall problem is im not scoring many and not creating alot of chances so i was wandering if more movement will make more chances? like making runs behind and finding a through ball ? thanks

It probably happen because your AMR/L and AMC position was too high on the pitch. You should check whether those three often find themself in an opposition penalty area or not. It would be hard for a player to find some space in the penalty area. Check the run from deep of those players, if it's often, change it to sometimes. If it's already sometimes, you can give your two pivot more creativity and increase their passing style by one-two click, so they will plays more penetrating passes.

And anyway, why don't you try to make your lone striker as a false 9 to drag the opp. backline? It could be an effective strategy to pull out the opp. d-line so your wide players and AM could exploit the space once your false 9 manage to drag the opp. backline.

Cheers.

thanks for your advice mate, i like your idea ill give this a go