Player Nurturing?

• Thread starter Thread starter cakey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

cakey

Reaction score
Ive just got some good youngsters in with good potential, just wondering if people had some good advice/tips to get the best and most effective progress from them? I am guessing more first team action the better but what else?
Also up to what age do players attributes go up? And do they still go up at the end of each season like previous fm games?

Look at their weaknesses and put them on individual regimes to focus on those areas.

Make sure you give them plenty of game time (probably start with easy cup games) and try praising them as often as you can to keep their morale high.

In my opinion any players with good potential are worth sticking with your first team to train with them but make them available for reserve matches. By doing this they are getting game time whilst still very young as well as getting the best form of training. Once they reach an age whereby they need more game time then incorporate them into first team matches, such as cup games or bringing them on for about 20 minutes or so when your team are winning matches. Alternatively you could loan them out but make sure they will get the game time if you do so and that the club have good training facilities so that their progression isn't hindered.

Ok thanks, up to about what age do players stats keep increasing?

tutoring is good for the mental stats which are more important than you may think

And don't play them too much, they'll burn out and are more likely to get a serious injury which will severely hamper their development!

(On my old Luton save, I had a young regen who would score at least 2 a game, and my Assistant said he was still gonna get loads better. Unfortunately I played him too much, he broke his leg and he took over 2 seasons to recover. He was never the same :'( )

And don't play them too much, they'll burn out and are more likely to get a serious injury which will severely hamper their development!

(On my old Luton save, I had a young regen who would score at least 2 a game, and my Assistant said he was still gonna get loads better. Unfortunately I played him too much, he broke his leg and he took over 2 seasons to recover. He was never the same :'( )

I think the way I get away with not over playing youth players is using them in my rotation policy like the rest of my players. For example, Luke Shaw I have played since day one and he has progressed nicely over the seasons.

They honestly don't need first-team football until they're about 19. Until then they progress nicely playing U18s games and reserve games.

Just get rid of a lot of the 0.5 - 2.5 star players in your academy so that your quality youngsters have more time to play games.

Back