Player potential question

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmamcmxc

Reaction score
I completed my first season and noticed that quite a few of my players had decreased from 4 star players to 3 ½ etc. For example I had bought Thiago and M’Villa both of whom are/were 4 star and by the end of the season (both having seen an injury but Thiago having played most of the season) their potential ability had somehow decreased.

I started a new game and scouted Neymar, who was shown to be 4 ½ stars. After a failed attempt to buy him (the agent fee being too high) I decided to keep tabs on him until the next transfer window and my scouts now show his potential ability to be only 4 stars (even my best scout, some German guy with 20 j.a and 20 j.p that is on quite a few lists on the net that should be in your scouting team).

I don’t quite understand how or why players potential seems to be decreasing. Any advice?

Last edited:
Can anyone offer any advise? I have just seen the same happen for Jack Wilshere, started off the season injured and 4 star potential. Now he is about to restart training and his potential is only 3 1/2.

Form is a big factor. PA can jump around (according to your coaches obviously, the fixed PA stays the same throughout). If a player is playing well, their CA and PA will be shown as better on reports.

Ah! So for example with Wilshere, if he plays every match after coming back from injury and is in excellent form those stars could go up again?

As far as I know, CA/PA rating of a player is basically a comparison to the players at your club and a rough estimation of how good that player is based on the league you are playing in. i.e. Neymar would easily be a 5 star at tier 2 clubs/leagues (and many top tier clubs), but perhaps only a 4.5 for world-renowned clubs/top 5 leagues.

Basically, if you bring in new 4.5/5 star players, then the CA/PA ratings of other, lesser players will 'decrease' to compare their skill levels. Ultimately, your players aren't really getting worse (barring injuries etc.), but they are significantly worse when compared to the better players you bring in.

As PlaysWSquirrels said, it's all relative.

Neymar has massive PA, whether your scout's report says so or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back