jelezsoccer

Reaction score
So when I play longer saves I have noticed that the quality (CA) of the players in ALL the leagues in the country I'm playing in tend to go up on average as the seasons go by, this even causes the non top leagues to all close in on each other in player quality. For example, I have three saves in the English leagues and players that would be "League 1 quality" at the beginning are League 2 quality 5~7 seasons later.

In one of those saves (8th season) the league 2, 1 and Championship are so close in quality that one of my players went from a "good league 2 player" to a "decent Championship player" in just two months. When I looked into the save history (I back my saves on dropbox, so have a history), this only represented 6 points of increase in CA.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is all your experience or if its a cause of some setting I'm using (such as a Large Player Database size)? Thanks for your time.

If that's what you're using to gauge players, it could well be the coach opinions changing.

If that's what you're using to gauge players, it could well be the coach opinions changing.

So that's what I thought at first, so I went through my saves with the IGE and found that it wasn't the case. In the example I gave above I took a players CA (he was at 103 with RCA 107) and raised it one by one and by the time he was at 108 he had become Championship material (which I doubt since half the championship is over 120).

This is why I decided to post.

So that's what I thought at first, so I went through my saves with the IGE and found that it wasn't the case. In the example I gave above I took a players CA (he was at 103 with RCA 107) and raised it one by one and by the time he was at 108 he had become Championship material (which I doubt since half the championship is over 120)..
Which supports what I said about using coaches as the measure of quality. You cannot do that because coaches can be wrong. Although, saying that, there are different levels of Championship players, so he may have been "decent", which is the worst, but still Championship level.

Anyway, rather do it properly and look at actual CA averages in the default database compared to where you are now.

Agree with WJ - a proper analysis would require examination of CA and PA across leagues to peg whether there is actual change.

That said, there can be tons of factors involved, like the leagues you have active and the quality of the youth systems that are producing the players, whether newgens are getting playing time (meaning they develop faster), etc.

As well, things probably should change over time. The quality of players in a given league are not necessarily the same as what they were 10 years ago, for better or worse.