Player quality

• Thread starter Thread starter albul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

albul

Reaction score
First of all sorry if this was asked before, but i am really a newbie to this sort of forums, and sorry if i didn't post this in the proper section.

Is it normal that star players like Ronaldo, Messi or Kaka have good ratings (4 star assement from the scouts and coaches) when i start a new game? Moreover, it seems that all players quality doesn't go above the 5 star limit. But the weird thing is that this didn't happen when i first installed the game, it happened after i wanted to restart after a woeful season with juventus (at first buffon had 7 star, or 6 star i'm not sure).
This was with the 9.1 patch. i've tried reinstalling the game, even installing the latest patch (9.30) and when i start the game and scout ronaldo, it says that he is a good player.

Am i missing something obvious?

it's not the case. i've tried managing one of the teams that have star players (like manchester or barcelona) just to see what their coaches say about those star players- the result was the same.

I think it's normal, Ronaldo, by United's standards, is a good player, but he's not quality, but a League 1 team for instance, would have him as a quality player. It's to do with the reputation of the club you're managing, and the players the club has, I think.

what ive found out is that the 'Star' players usually only get like 3-4 stars on my game becasue he is playing already close to full of his potential...my scout is steve rowley hes 20/20

so he can spot the bargain and who would be the future buy..the more stars it means the more your scout recommends you to buy him and he can be potentially the best player at the club in a few years time. i think anyway lol.

i dont know its cunfusing me. yh jac4121993 is spot on!.

how is ronaldo only a good player 4 man u, he is clearly a star player

He is a good player in comparison to Manchester United's reputation.

Ronaldo's reputation (if he had one) is World Class, and Manchester United's reputation is World Class, making him only a good player for them, because their reputation is the same.

so you're basically saying that you can never get a player with an assessment better than 4 stars on a club that has a worldwide reputation?

I don't think so, because World Class I believe is the highest reputation ranking you can get.

it seems that you are right. i have just tested it. i have started a new season with udinese (which has a good scout) and tried to scout messi , kaka and ronaldo. they were all rated as star players with 7 stars.

Although this seems rather weird. how can a coach/scout or anyone else reffer to messi or kaka as (only) good players? Anyways, thanks for the help.

how is ronaldo only a good player 4 man u, he is clearly a star player

Ronaldo is **** on Football manager, never seems to be effective, if i was Mna United, i'd sell him to Real to raise funds

yeah the fm engine doesn't understand that messi (for example) is all over the pitch, he helps in the midfield in the sides and scores, no matter how much creativity and free role you give him, maybe they should do something about it at SI (I played man u and found the same problem with ronaldo, he plays like a winger but in reality he is far more than that)

edit: in spain we call players like that ''trescuartistas'' apparently due to the fact that at some point nobody could define baggio as either a midfielder, a am or a forward because he was everything at the same time. Would be good if SI could add that position (think of Zidane for example)

Last edited:
have you edited anyinthing? i remember when i was west ham i wasnt happy with how good jack collison was so i increased his current ability(i know.. its cheating lol but he should be good)...but wheni recreated the game with the new database all the players were rated poorley... like i checked bellamy's coach report and they'd say..need to offload him in the future...even though he was clearly my best striker.

it seems that you are right. i have just tested it. i have started a new season with udinese (which has a good scout) and tried to scout messi , kaka and ronaldo. they were all rated as star players with 7 stars.

Although this seems rather weird. how can a coach/scout or anyone else reffer to messi or kaka as (only) good players? Anyways, thanks for the help.

basically, the idea is, they compare the players ability to your squad.

for example,
you're playing as Arsenal and you want Ronaldo, you scout him and they tell you he's 'good' for your side. A decent player that would defiantely fit into your team

but you're playing as leeds united and you scout ronaldo, they give him highest rating because he is absoloutely top class in comparison to the rest of your squad and get a 7 star rating or whatever

the basic idea anyway

Back