Player ratings

• Thread starter Thread starter JonnyFM09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

JonnyFM09

Reaction score
The Gold star rating system from your assistant manager does anyone not use it.

Because i really want to know if it is any good

i have been using ever since i started playing FM about 4 years ago, and i have never once thought if it works.8-|

Well, I started playing Cervi (GK) in my Celtic game. Assistant gives him 1 and a half gold stars, yet he's been more consistent than Boruc :o

I only use it to assess youth team player potential to see which ones are worth giving contracts to. For first team players I would just go by their individual attributes because I find that the assistant manager could give high stars to a player when his attributes wouldn't suit my formation.. eg. a full back could be highly rated by my assistant manager because he can attack well but his defensive attributes could be alot poorer than my other full backs

Assuming that your asst. has good stats for judging PA, it really comes down to your teams reputation in the game. Zaki, for example who did a cracking job in Europe over three or four seasons for my celtic team would not get a good rating if your playing any of the top 6 premiership teams. His consistencey and ability is still the same but once you get your team to a certain standing within the game, only the top players in the world will get the top ratings [obviously]. I think keep an eye on their key attributes and if they work for you, ignore the stars. If any scout describes them as inconsistent, i wouldn't sign them.

I use it if I don't know to much about the team, say if I'm abroad in Sweden or something, but if I know the players strengths and weaknesses in real life and on the game by looking at his stats then I won't use it.

Prime example of assistant's rubbish is Theo Walcott, says he is awful, and so does his stats, but he is a class performer.

Back