Jden86

Reaction score
Whats your opinion on FM16 player scout reports?

I've found the scout reports don't give you as much of an idea of their potential, often use to get a positive comments such as "Potential to be a leading centre back in prem league" or "potential world class CB" ect ect. Now it just says "Might be in a position to suit Prem League football"

I'm inclined to agree with this. Several of my scout reports are saying stuff like "Potential to be a Premier League right winger in the future", which doesn't really say anything. I know he has potential to be a Premier League right winger, all I have to do is buy him and play him as a right winger for that prophecy to come true.

I suppose I'll have to rely more on the star rating, personality, attributes etc than the scout reports themselves. Overall I hope they do something about the scout reports in the coming years. When clubs scout players, I'm pretty sure they already know whether or not he matches new signing philosophies and if he can play in more than one position. The point of interest is always how good a player can be, and I don't feel the scout reports reflect this focus at all.

My guess is it's intended to make it a bit less certain which players are going to turn out world class, just to make things more challenging, which I don't really mind :)

My guess is it's intended to make it a bit less certain which players are going to turn out world class, just to make things more challenging, which I don't really mind :)

Yeah, I always like more challenging, just something I will haveta get use to. I'm refraining from looking at any PA or CA at all this year

Before I get involved in this chat; how long have ye been scouting these players? I never trust anything in a report of a player unless he's been look at closely for at least 4-months.

Before I get involved in this chat; how long have ye been scouting these players? I never trust anything in a report of a player unless he's been look at closely for at least 4-months.

Just first up scout reports, I know scouting for longer helps slightly (i find the reports change very little) but it doesn't change the wording used regarding the 'world class' or 'leading CB' ect. If I'm serious about a player I will scout him with my 2 or 3 best scouts. I find the best scouting is after a couple years, looking at their last couple of seasons, how many games they have played and their a.v.e rating.

I think they've just changed the terminology for their player rankings for example "may be a premier league CB in the future" is the same as "could potentially be a good (read average) prem CB in the future"

There are always black stars coupled with that vague report, which explains why it's vague.