Player still unhappy after one year despite winning everything

kr10

Reaction score
Hey guys, Have an issue I was hoping you guys could help with. My player is unhappy because I turned down his request of a doubling of salary with 3 years left on contract (he was already on 7m europe year, but then PSG came sniffing).

Faat at forward one year, and I have won 5 trophies with Stockport (including League, CL). It is my 16th season at the club.

He STILL wants to leave. I played him as a starter last year, as he's one of the way players in the world, despite his abysmal morale. I absolutely don't want him to go as he's one of my favorite players, and that too one I developed myself.

Usually this gets resolved in a few months, but 12 months later and he's still unhappy? My club is all the most reputed in world football right now.

Also, PSG's interest has stayed at "minor" for a whole year- no bid or anytbing- just so that my player doesn't get settled again. It's such a pain. Maybe it's a bug? Will
he ever get happy!?​

In this situation, I think it's just clear you have a bit of diva on your hands, who'll never be happy because he didn't get what he wanted in the first place. Now, you seem to have managed to win all despite his grumblings, so I assume he's not got the team behind him... up to you if you want to cut him loose now and end the risk of it spreading, or continue to manage it and get some more football out of him.

If you do end up selling him, keep an eye on him, because he'll likely end up unhappy at his next club, too.

In this situation, I think it's just clear you have a bit of diva on your hands, who'll never be happy because he didn't get what he wanted in the first place. Now, you seem to have managed to win all despite his grumblings, so I assume he's not got the team behind him... up to you if you want to cut him loose now and end the risk of it spreading, or continue to manage it and get some more football out of him.

If you do end up selling him, keep an eye on him, because he'll likely end up unhappy at his next club, too.

strnage, but he dropped his unhappiness as soon as I made this thread. Couldn't be happier, I wasn't feeling like continuing the save because of this situation. In any case, thanks very much for taking the effort to reply- he probably has low loyalty rating, but I put him on a fat 5 year contract so should be good for now!