Player transfer/sell WTF??? Someone please explain!

TakedaLegout

Reaction score
I got a young kid for a free and he developed into a super stud. His value was listed at 1.8M. I was actively trying to sell him to clubs for about 2.5 to 3M because he said he wouldn't re-sign with me. However, everytime I would go in to set his value, the drop down would only allow a max of 550K! I made sure to never accept that value so that his transfer value was 2.5M. Then, 2 teams offer the 550K and eventually take him from me. WTF?!? I never said I would take 550K, his asking price was clearly 2.5M. Why wouldn't FM12 let me set a higher asking price?? All of my other players have the ability to ask as much as 100M but not this guy who was clearly my only pathway out of huge club debt.

If it helps, the player was Chinese playing in the Russian Premier League. Do Chinese players have caps on how much they are worth?

I think he probably had a minimum release clause in his contract mate which means 550k would all other teams would have to pay.
Make sure you keep an eye on this when you negotiate contracts in the future otherwise this could happen to you again.

I think he probably had a minimum release clause in his contract mate which means 550k would all other teams would have to pay.
Make sure you keep an eye on this when you negotiate contracts in the future otherwise this could happen to you again.

Aarrgggh! You are probably right. Just so I know, once a player starts to look legit, can I go in and re-do the contract to specifically change that or will everything need to change? Eh, I probably already know the answer. What a kick in the crouch. Worst part is he went to a competitor (Rostov) who I am better than but has a much bigger stadium and thus is perceived to be "big time".

Aarrgggh! You are probably right. Just so I know, once a player starts to look legit, can I go in and re-do the contract to specifically change that or will everything need to change? Eh, I probably already know the answer. What a kick in the crouch. Worst part is he went to a competitor (Rostov) who I am better than but has a much bigger stadium and thus is perceived to be "big time".

You would have to completely re-negotiate his contract.

At least it was a learning experience dude. I always look out for minimum release clauses, because they can be a right pain.

Is there any way to go in and look at my current roster and see who else has this clause? I have done so many contracts, I'm sure someone else has suckered me as well and I'd like to do something about it if I could.

Is there any way to go in and look at my current roster and see who else has this clause? I have done so many contracts, I'm sure someone else has suckered me as well and I'd like to do something about it if I could.

Yeah, click on a player, click the Transfers & Contract tab. And then click the Contract tab and it should be under clauses. So it should look like this:

View attachment 249525

As you can see Romario has a release clause of £2.8M

Back