Player wages

• Thread starter Thread starter craigy12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

craigy12

Reaction score
Currently managing rangers and can only offer players 10.5k a week. Put a bid in for zeki fryers and negotiate his wages for 10.5 k but he declines as he wants 13k from. Signs for Brentford on 8.5k! WHAT A JOKE!

Maybe they added bonuses to make up for it? How much did you really try to negotiate the 13.5k down? How does your club compare to Brentford? What squad status did you offer and what is he listed as at Brentford? How long after your offer did he accept Brentford's offer?

There's a lot to think about before you can label it "a joke".

Wages aren't everything. Lots of times I've had players sign for other clubs on less wages. Sometimes if you look at the news box that says 'Player X signs for Team Y' there's an indication as to why they chose to sign for that club, i.e "he was impressed with the clubs training facilities" or "is excited to work with *insert manager here*".

Also, he might just want to play in the championship rather than the scottish championship, as its a much higher standard. Although Rangers are a big club if he's got no emotional connection to them then the league really isn't appealing compared to the English Championship.

I always include clauses and bonuses that will help keep the base wage down. For instance, when you know you're not gonna be relegated, include a £0 relegation release fee. If it's a defender, add a goal bonus and/or season landmark goal bonus. A minimum fee release clause can also be useful, just make sure you don't set it too low. And if it's a German and you don't have the German national team fix, include an international cap bonus :P

Back