Player won't negociate new contract because of bullshit.

• Thread starter Thread starter Mujomojo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7K

Mujomojo

Reaction score
One of my players asked for a new contract and i was willing to give hime a new one (he is a important player to the team).
But i did not have the money for it atm so i asked the staff for a higher budget and i did get that.

But the new budget will not take affect untill you press "continue" which i could not do until i rejected the players demand for a new contract.

I did that and he got mad ofc, so i told him that i would offer him a new contract within a month.
I tryed it the day after but he would not negociate with me at that time. I then thought i would try it again later but i FORGOT, BIG MISTAKE.

After a month i had still not offered him a new contract because i forgot to do so.
He then demanded to get transferlisted and he will not negociate a new contract with me now.

So my question is : Am i ******? Can i NEVER give a new contract now? Will he be emo forever? Have I lost this player because i forgot one ******* thing?

Why would he not even listen to my offers? IT MAKES NO SENSE what so ever...

Huge flaw to the game imo.

IF his Contract is not expiring in 1 years time.
If he asked you to transfer list him.
Broken relationship with Player.
Do this.

Player squad stats = First team ( remove key player status if that was his old status).
First team ( Upgrade from Rotation to First team if that was his old status).
Don't Play him in any matches and do not put him in subs bench.(Available for reserves games).

Follow the below steps after following above mentioned steps.(Make sure he was not playing for 5-6 months).
Now start playing him in 3-4 matches. Then do this.
Transfer options = Offer to clubs technique.
Player value example = 15M.
Offer value example = 50M.
Most clubs will not pay that amount of money unless he is a quality player. They will request you to lower the asking value. Say No no.....Never. Let that drama go for a while.( make sure he is playing most of the matches and performing well.)

After few weeks Lower the asking rate example = 45M. Then redo the drama again.( if you are getting offers for 40M reject)
After few weeks Lower the asking rate example = 40M. Then redo the drama again.( if you are getting offers for 35M reject)

During all these drama always make sure your team is playing well in the league.( if not all this will be a disaster)
By now your player will approach you after getting sick of all these drama and will ask you not to transfer list him. Now the ball is in your court. Accept his request.!! Tadaaaaa..You are friends again.

Hope this helps.
I did the same thing when i had crisis at Chelsea FC with Mata and Ramires.( Complains Team under-performing lead to Broken relation - - lead to transfer list.) But Now we are one big happy Chelsea.8-|

WTF?

Just accept you made a mistake. Let things pan out and play the game properly instead of ******* about.

Jesus...

IF his Contract is not expiring in 1 years time.
If he asked you to transfer list him.
Broken relationship with Player.
Do this.

Player squad stats = First team ( remove key player status if that was his old status).
First team ( Upgrade from Rotation to First team if that was his old status).
Don't Play him in any matches and do not put him in subs bench.(Available for reserves games).

Follow the below steps after following above mentioned steps.(Make sure he was not playing for 5-6 months).
Now start playing him in 3-4 matches. Then do this.
Transfer options = Offer to clubs technique.
Player value example = 15M.
Offer value example = 50M.
Most clubs will not pay that amount of money unless he is a quality player. They will request you to lower the asking value. Say No no.....Never. Let that drama go for a while.( make sure he is playing most of the matches and performing well.)

After few weeks Lower the asking rate example = 45M. Then redo the drama again.( if you are getting offers for 40M reject)
After few weeks Lower the asking rate example = 40M. Then redo the drama again.( if you are getting offers for 35M reject)

During all these drama always make sure your team is playing well in the league.( if not all this will be a disaster)
By now your player will approach you after getting sick of all these drama and will ask you not to transfer list him. Now the ball is in your court. Accept his request.!! Tadaaaaa..You are friends again.

Hope this helps.
I did the same thing when i had crisis at Chelsea FC with Mata and Ramires.( Complains Team under-performing lead to Broken relation - - lead to transfer list.) But Now we are one big happy Chelsea.8-|

Thanks for the tips, i will try it i guess. Seemse pretty complicated though xD.

Stuff like this is just so annoying and unrealistic.. What if i wanted to offer him an monstersalery? But he will not even listen to it.. bullshit right there.

Thanks for the tips, i will try it i guess. Seemse pretty complicated though xD.

Stuff like this is just so annoying and unrealistic.. What if i wanted to offer him an monstersalery? But he will not even listen to it.. bullshit right there.

You broke your promise to your player, and now he doesn't trust you...how is that unrealistic? Besides, all of those guys are already on monstruous salaries.

I just transfer list the ******* and put him in the reserves. If you do well over a period of a few months, he'll come crawling back.

WTF?

Just accept you made a mistake. Let things pan out and play the game properly instead of ******* about.

Jesus...

I made a mistake yes but the underlying source which is stupid is the fact that you can not negoicate a new transferbudget with the staff AND offer a player a new contract on the same "turn". You have to turn the players offer down and make him mad for no reason.

And as i said i tryed to offer him a new contract directly after this happend but he would not take it, so apparently i had to wait and do it later (but within a month). So i think it's understandable that i forgot something like that.

The fact that he will not even listen to my offers now for NO real reason is just stupid, i dont see any realism or reason for making the game like that.
Maybe it would make seense if he now wanted a bigger salery after the fact that i forgot to offer him a contract. But the fact that he won't even listen is bullshit. I dont see how anyone can disagree and defend the game on this point.

The fact that i am this annoyed by it is that I play as Vitesse and have pretty limited money. The player is my best defender and he is only 19years old and he will probaly evolve into a ****** beast.

Losing a player like that over something like this is just really frustrating to me...

I also don't understand what you mean with "play the game propably". The reason i made this post is not just to *****. I wanted to see if there was a way to fix it. Or if i should give up on the player.

You broke your promise to your player, and now he doesn't trust you...how is that unrealistic? Besides, all of those guys are already on monstruous salaries.

It is unrealistic. Trust me with what exactly?

What is it he want? He want a new contract with a bigger paycheck and i am willing to give him that, the fact that i can not communicate with him AT ALL about it is unrealistic.

what do you mean "all those guys". This player is an 19year old regen defender xD. He has a very small salery atm. And i am pretty sure i am willing to give him a bigger salery than all the other clubs that want sign him.

I just transfer list the ******* and put him in the reserves. If you do well over a period of a few months, he'll come crawling back.

Yeah i will do that and hope for the best.

It's just a shame that he is a key player pretty much. He is a only really solid and fast defender i have, without him my defence is pretty sluggish. ( I have another one but he is longtime injured).

The season is almost over though. And if he does not come "crawling back" and his contract runs out i lost the opportunity to cash in on him.

hmmm

Losing a player like that over something like this is just really frustrating to me...

I also don't understand what you mean with "play the game propably". The reason i made this post is not just to *****. I wanted to see if there was a way to fix it. Or if i should give up on the player.

I wasn't referirng to you when I said play the game properly, I was referring to the first response in the thread. It suggested a ridiculous way to play the game. This is a football management sim, do you think things would pan out OK in real life if a manager did things like that? No.

Another tip, there is a feature in FM called 'notes'. You can make a note on any player, member of staff, club etc in the game. By doing this you can set a reminder to bring certain things to your attention at certain dates, such as offering new contracts. This way you'll never forget something so important again.
As for your predicament as it stands, take it as a learning curve. Lose the player and handle it like any other manager would. It's not unrealistic and could easily happen at any club. Things like this make the game more fun and challenging, it's the way you handle it that defines your career.

I wasn't referirng to you when I said play the game properly, I was referring to the first response in the thread. It suggested a ridiculous way to play the game. This is a football management sim, do you think things would pan out OK in real life if a manager did things like that? No.

Another tip, there is a feature in FM called 'notes'. You can make a note on any player, member of staff, club etc in the game. By doing this you can set a reminder to bring certain things to your attention at certain dates, such as offering new contracts. This way you'll never forget something so important again.
As for your predicament as it stands, take it as a learning curve. Lose the player and handle it like any other manager would. It's not unrealistic and could easily happen at any club. Things like this make the game more fun and challenging, it's the way you handle it that defines your career.

I don't agree at all. It's just bullshit to me, and not realistic at all.

As i have said. The whole reason for this is that I could not get the new salerybudget from my staff and offer contract in the same turn. If you could do that none of this would happen.

It does not make seense that the player would not listen to me 1 day after i rejected his demand (becuase i had to to negocaite for a new budget from the staff).

I was basicly forced to make the player mad, and the fact that he got mad in the first place makes no seense. He can't wait one day for a new contractoffer?

Something like this would never happen in real life. So it's not realistic, if you think that it is than you are not fully understanding the situation. ( I don't blame you though, my english is not the best.)

"It suggested a ridiculous way to play the game", Yeah it sure is. But if the game is being ridiculous against me then I am gonna be ridiculous right back :)

It is unrealistic. Trust me with what exactly?

What is it he want? He want a new contract with a bigger paycheck and i am willing to give him that, the fact that i can not communicate with him AT ALL about it is unrealistic.

what do you mean "all those guys". This player is an 19year old regen defender xD. He has a very small salery atm. And i am pretty sure i am willing to give him a bigger salery than all the other clubs that want sign him.

Haha sorry, somehow I got into my head you were managing chelsea (don't ask why), my bad...What I meant was, you promised him a new contract, and you forgot. He won't talk because you didn't deliver, doesn't really matter how it all unfolded, just the outcome.

And I've heard the commentary "this would never happen in RL" so many times, and so many times I've seen it happen in RL. Missed chances, glaring referee mistakes, unbelievably stupid decisions, anything can happen, and while this particular situation may seem unlikely, I am almost absolutely sure it could happen. I mean, you're a manager, I'm pretty sure you won't be handling clubs finances. So, to make a budget adjustment, you'd have to talk to the finance guy first, and only then would you know if you could offer a new contract. Maybe what happened was, you offered the contract, then you said to your youngster: I'm gonna have to check with the guy upstairs, alright? And he got mad. He's 19, and he wants a contract now. He probably knows he'll become a very good player, so he can throw himself into a fit until somebody gives him some attention. Thing is, you forgot about him, and now he's ******. As always, however, time seems to heal most divergences...

People are strange..!

So yeah, my argument may be a bit flawed, but I believe a game has to be flawed in order to live up to reality. There's always that element you can't control, and this kind of stuff would be it.

It is not a ridiculous way to play the game. As long as a player is under contract at a particular club, his duty is to play for the club and meet club expectations and not fool around with HEAD COACH. If he is unwilling to do that and wants a transfer then, Interested candidates should meet the clubs asking price. A FOOTBALL CLUB IS MUCH BIGGER THAN A PLAYER.
Examples in real life. Carlos Tevez , Neymar, Luka Modric, Fabregas, CRIST Ronaldo etc etc Fabre paid from his pocket to join Barca.
My way is not stupid.Its Logic. Modric wanted to join Chelsea all summer and bids was rejected by Totenham No matter what. Look how well he is playing for Totten and How badly Tevez Situation at City has developed after disrespecting both Head Coach and the club.

My Final say:
You are the head coach of your club and the choice is yours.
Keep saying sorry every single time player questions your ability.
OR .
Ask him to play by your rules.

Repeated usage of Choice 1 may eventually develop into squad Indiscipline and you may get fired at the end.
Choice 2 develops sudden Revolt but it can be contained by proper pep talk.
Thanks..

I did that and he got mad ofc, so i told him that i would offer him a new contract within a month.
After a month i had still not offered him a new contract because i forgot to do so.
He then demanded to get transferlisted and he will not negociate a new contract with me now.
Why would he not even listen to my offers? IT MAKES NO SENSE what so ever...
Huge flaw to the game imo.

So basically u accidentally rejected his contract demands(and you said he will of course get mad), and promise him he will get back to him within a month
But you forgot, and now you said it doesnt make sense, and blame it on the game, saying it is a flaw.
SI is just making the game as realistic as possible.

Back to the main point. If my player ever fell out with me, i will try to cash in on him, if there isnt any good players, i will let him rot in the reserves for a few months before offering him to clubs, he will start talking to you..

just get another player like him. **** happens, as always ;)

Back