Players blending into squad

• Thread starter Thread starter adug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

adug

Reaction score
Hey. Newbie player here, who could do with some help on my players blending into the squad. I'm in my first season and before every match, my assistant manager tells me that "a number of players are having difficulty blending into the squad", but it's now halfway into November and I've had my training set to "Team Cohesion" on "Very High" intensity pretty much since the start of the season, bar the odd week here and there. Does it really take two solid months of team cohesion training to get the squad to gel? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help much appreciated!

It can take up to 6 months to a year for player to gel. Think of how many times you've heard a sky sports panel ask the question "But will he apart to the premier league."

Team cohesion, having him in the squad and keep him happy. He'll either adapt or he won't. It's the risk with every contract.

re: players bnel

Oh, ok. Annoyingly it seems to be most of my squad for some reason. Which means I can't even concentrate on training tactics!

Not sure how you meant you can't train tactics. The Team Cohension is part of General Training. Gaining familiarty with the tactic is part of Match Preparation.

Under General Training, Tactics isn't gaining tactical familiarity. Its about focusing the general team training on the tactical aspects of their skillsets.

Not sure how you meant you can't train tactics. The Team Cohension is part of General Training. Gaining familiarty with the tactic is part of Match Preparation.

Under General Training, Tactics isn't gaining tactical familiarity. Its about focusing the general team training on the tactical aspects of their skillsets.

I think he means in how much he's focused on general training to get the guys to blend in. Shifting the focus towards tactical familiarity would compromise how quickly the new arrivals blend in and he said at the beginning that's what he's been focusing on.

I think he means in how much he's focused on general training to get the guys to blend in. Shifting the focus towards tactical familiarity would compromise how quickly the new arrivals blend in and he said at the beginning that's what he's been focusing on.

Well, you can split the focus rather than going entirely toward one aspect, is what I meant. And squad blend affects those players who aren't settled in yet. Tactical familiarity affects the whole side.

I'm curious how many new signings have come in. Even 4 or 5 new signings in a window doesn't usually affect the team cohesion that badly, from what I've seen.

To be honest, the first thing I should have asked is "What's your ***' Managers Man Management?" Unless it's 15+, take everything squad related with a pinch of salt. If, like Bigpapa42 says, the new signings don't look like their not settling, then assume they're settling in.

Back