PLAYERS COMPLAINING OVER LACK OF PLAYING TIME - WHAT TO DO ?

• Thread starter Thread starter xMJ92x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6K

xMJ92x

Reaction score
Seems as the players just love to complain over lack of playing time. Even if you rotate the team regularly.

How can this stop? Any tips?

Last edited:
Check their squad status. If they are set as indispensible to the club (key player) then they need to be played more than others. Assuming thiss feature is still present in FM as I haven't played the last 4 :)

If you can't imaging them being there in a couple of seasons - punt them.

If you can, loan lesser priority players and give the 'wave of the future' as much 1st team experience as seems realistic.

As SilencedWind says, expectation of game time is related to squad status - might be worthwhile changing down a bit - the 'ole 'Sign you as a Key Player (please come to my team)' / 'switch to Hot Prospect' shuffle.

As SilencedWind says, expectation of game time is related to squad status - might be worthwhile changing down a bit - the 'ole 'Sign you as a Key Player (please come to my team)' / 'switch to Hot Prospect' shuffle.

That doesn't work in FM 15. Even if you change squad status from Key Player to for example Backup, the player will still consider himself a Key Player.

I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Cheers.

I'm a little confused by how it works myself. But I saw an SI official say this on the forums when asked about players complaining about playing time, and whether lowering their squad status would change it:

"It won't (or at least it shouldn't) because the players will still consider themselves key or first team players, ultimately you can't hoard players by giving them key and first team player contracts or they will inevitably moan about not playing."

Bit of a strange one. That quote seems to be saying 2 different things. I completely agree with 'ultimately you can't hoard players by giving them key and first team player contracts or they will inevitably moan about not playing.'

It's the, 'It won't (or at least it shouldn't) because the players will still consider themselves key or first team players' which is vague.

Only just finished my 1st season, 100+ hrs but still very much trying to get to grips with things. Give it time!!!

Yeah it's vague, I tried to get a more specific explanation but he never replied.

Back