Players complaning about little playtime?

• Thread starter Thread starter Euroguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K

Euroguy

Reaction score
Okey so Townsend first started to whine at the start of the season, I have played 8 games and he have played 5 games and he starts so say he needs more game time?

Same happend with Davies which was acceptable.

Now with Fazio, he has played 15 games of 23, because he was needed of rest some games and I have Chiriches and Kaboul to play with aswell. More than me with this problem?

Edit: Townsend still whines, he has played 19 games of 23 in the league, and he gets to play alot in cup games aswell.

Last edited:
Yeah, it happens all the time, no matter teams I've managed. I wanted Townsend out and I tell him I can't guarantee he can play in league, I offered him some games in cupes. He became unhappy and finally I putt him on the transfer list. After this episode I had no more problems. I don't know if was just a coincidence or others feared of the same faith. And I rotated a lot.

Seems to be really bad and continual. Its been reported to SI but they have said they need save games immediately before the complaint happens. Doesn't seem like they are too concerned with it, despite the volume of compliants.

Oh okey so i'm not the only one with the problem then.

I've not had that much problems but I'm meticulous when offering contracts. If a player is not in my first choice plans, he gets a rotation contract! End of story, no bending this rule fr anyone and if they won't sing for less than first team and I'm not willing to play him in 75%-80% of games... he's not bough/ sold (if renewing a contract). This year forces you to be very, very careful with squad management and planning for the roles and playing time of players.

I do think the algorithm the use for calculating first team exposure is not configured correctly. I had Suso play 3 of the first three games of the season and he complained about first team football. I simply told him I'd give it to him since he's a first team member but it was strange.

Unless he's starting games, I don't think it counts. A sub appearances don't count as first team exposure to players. Needs to be experimented with and the save games submitted to SI though.

Last edited:
I've not had that much problems but I'm meticulous when offering contracts. If a player is not in my first choice plans, he gets a rotation contract! End of story, no bending this rule fr anyone and if they won't sing for less than first team and I'm not willing to play him in 75%-80% of games... he's not bough/ sold (if renewing a contract). This year forces you to be very, very careful with squad management and planning for the roles and playing time of players.

I do think the algorithm the use for calculating first team exposure is not configured correctly. I had Suso play 3 of the first three games of the season and he complained about first team football. I simply told him I'd give it to him since he's a first team member but it was strange.

Unless he's starting games, I don't think it counts. A sub appearances don't count as first team exposure to players. Needs to be experimented with and the save games submitted to SI though.

I had a player with backup squad role, yes, backup. He's a youngster to boot and I don't start him for 3 games into the season and he wants to go unless I play him next 4-5 games. It is a problem, you somehow don't seem to encounter ANY problem with the game, even if it's a reported bug.

I do this too. Because I hate having to promise players more playing time when they come crying to me, I'm actually incredibly **** about what squad status I offer. I pay substantially higher wages and bonuses in exchange for lower squad status, and I almost always sign players at 1 or 2 squad status below what they were asking for.

Even so, I'm getting hit with so many of these complaints in 15.2

Okey so Townsend first started to whine at the start of the season, I have played 8 games and he have played 5 games and he starts so say he needs more game time?

Same happend with Davies which was acceptable.

Now with Fazio, he has played 15 games of 23, because he was needed of rest some games and I have Chiriches and Kaboul to play with aswell. More than me with this problem?

Edit: Townsend still whines, he has played 19 games of 23 in the league, and he gets to play alot in cup games aswell.
I manage Spurs too and I also found the squad to be very prone to complaining during my first season, it may be something to do with squad personality.

I thought of this too, but my squad personality is fairly professional so I'm thinking no. Even on an individual player basis, this seems to happen regardless of personality. The 2 most ridiculous cases of whinery I had, one of the player had balanced personality, the other fairly professional

I had a player with backup squad role, yes, backup. He's a youngster to boot and I don't start him for 3 games into the season and he wants to go unless I play him next 4-5 games. It is a problem, you somehow don't seem to encounter ANY problem with the game, even if it's a reported bug.

I'm agreeing with ye for christ sake, didn't you even read my comment?

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with ye for christ sake, didn't you even read my comment

I didn't read past first paragraph I concede, if there is any bug thread I find you denying it so yeah, my bad.

However, another peculiar thing, most of my players ask for more playing time/transfer after I start them in a game, you can see player's short term plans "considering whether to leave ____ club to get more first team football", play them and they'll ask out.

I didn't read past first paragraph I concede, if there is any bug thread I find you denying it so yeah, my bad.

However, another peculiar thing, most of my players ask for more playing time/transfer after I start them in a game, you can see player's short term plans "considering whether to leave ____ club to get more first team football", play them and they'll ask out.

9/10 of these bug threads are not actually bugs. They're just full of people looking for reason to blame the game when the truth was they were just unlucky or not paying enough attention. ie. The countless injuries threads thatpopped up. Miles Jacobson himself said that in previous FMs, players were not getting injured as often as they should have been and were much more durable that they should have been. Now the game makes you look after your players better.... but people still went mad!

Most of these came during the BETA period and I got fairly annoyed with people saying the game was broken and swear blind that the ME is unusable but still expect Plug-and-play tactics to work 100% of the time. . . . . . in a BETA!!!!! The people who haven't a clue why player roles are important but think their team has a right to win because of the number of CCCs they've produced. ect. these threads I take issue with.

Actual bug threads that have been confirmed I tend to tell people to report the issue on SI forums.
Since this is a well known issue I was saying what I'm doing since maybe it might have been different to the rest of ye. Like I've said, I haven't had that many problems with players demanding first team football. Not denying it's an issue, it's just one I've managed to avid in my game.

9/10 of these bug threads are not actually bugs. They're just full of people looking for reason to blame the game when the truth was they were just unlucky or not paying enough attention. ie. The countless injuries threads thatpopped up. Miles Jacobson himself said that in previous FMs, players were not getting injured as often as they should have been and were much more durable that they should have been. Now the game makes you look after your players better.... but people still went mad!

This is just a game. It hasn't be like real life. It suppose to be fun, to be challenging. In any game if you did good you are rewarded, if you did wrong you are punished. This rule doesn't apply to FM anymore.

When I take a team, I sell all the players that have high injury proneness. I buy only players without this problem. I trained them good, I rotated a lot to not let them worn, I make substitutions during the game when a player has condition under 69%. So I do care and I try to do good thing. What is the game's response? - Punishment. My players get injured as well as I didn't put so much effort. All my effort is useless. So why to bother? I don't like when "luck" became so important in a strategy game, in a simulation game. When I play a first person shooter I try to aim very well to make the difference. What would happen if my bullet wouldn't hit the target because the producer decided that in real life some bullets are defective and they miss?

I want to be better in FM2015, to take best decisions, to find the best players, to experiment best tactics, to make it count, but THE PRODUCER decided to reduce my role, to give me some stupid accidental, aleatory events, just because that's happen in real life. Come on!

The training is a joke. Do you remember the training in FM2011, 2012? Through the training you could improve any attribute you want. Now I put a center back to increase his composure and for 6 months nothing happen, but one of my coaches tell me that this kind of training is ineffective and I should try different training. Really? Composure 10 is not enough for a center back. I didn't ask him to increase finishing and composure is an attribute used by profile of a ball playing defender. I tried to train a full back to increase technique, which is used for complete wing back role. The player thinks the training is not beneficial for him. Really? What the **** is this? If I want to take a simple full back and I want to make him an awsome complete wing back, because he has a lot of good attributes, except techique, let me do it. No! The player thinks... Who the **** cares what player thinks?

The match engine is a joke. I want a lot more liberty in how to put my team on the field. I want my tactic to count, but it seems more important to shout things to my players.

The interaction with players is ridiculous. I know games made in 1990 that have better dialogs, or more options in dialogue. A player told me that if some certain club will make an offer, I should let him go. What? He is under 4 years remaining contract. I have a dialogue option that tell him something like "when an offer will come we will see". And the player concludes that I was right and first we should wait for an offer. This is for real? Is like in kindergarden. Childish, stupid and pointless. At least it made me laugh. But when is repetitive isn't so fun anymore.

This is just a game. It hasn't be like real life. It suppose to be fun, to be challenging. In any game if you did good you are rewarded, if you did wrong you are punished. This rule doesn't apply to FM anymore.

When I take a team, I sell all the players that have high injury proneness. I buy only players without this problem. I trained them good, I rotated a lot to not let them worn, I make substitutions during the game when a player has condition under 69%. So I do care and I try to do good thing. What is the game's response? - Punishment. My players get injured as well as I didn't put so much effort. All my effort is useless. So why to bother? I don't like when "luck" became so important in a strategy game, in a simulation game. When I play a first person shooter I try to aim very well to make the difference. What would happen if my bullet wouldn't hit the target because the producer decided that in real life some bullets are defective and they miss?

I want to be better in FM2015, to take best decisions, to find the best players, to experiment best tactics, to make it count, but THE PRODUCER decided to reduce my role, to give me some stupid accidental, aleatory events, just because that's happen in real life. Come on!

The training is a joke. Do you remember the training in FM2011, 2012? Through the training you could improve any attribute you want. Now I put a center back to increase his composure and for 6 months nothing happen, but one of my coaches tell me that this kind of training is ineffective and I should try different training. Really? Composure 10 is not enough for a center back. I didn't ask him to increase finishing and composure is an attribute used by profile of a ball playing defender. I tried to train a full back to increase technique, which is used for complete wing back role. The player thinks the training is not beneficial for him. Really? What the **** is this? If I want to take a simple full back and I want to make him an awsome complete wing back, because he has a lot of good attributes, except techique, let me do it. No! The player thinks... Who the **** cares what player thinks?

The match engine is a joke. I want a lot more liberty in how to put my team on the field. I want my tactic to count, but it seems more important to shout things to my players.

The interaction with players is ridiculous. I know games made in 1990 that have better dialogs, or more options in dialogue. A player told me that if some certain club will make an offer, I should let him go. What? He is under 4 years remaining contract. I have a dialogue option that tell him something like "when an offer will come we will see". And the player concludes that I was right and first we should wait for an offer. This is for real? Is like in kindergarden. Childish, stupid and pointless. At least it made me laugh. But when is repetitive isn't so fun anymore.

Umm, wasn't this a thread about players complaining about lack of gametime?

The frustration thread is stickied at the top of the section, just fyi.

Okey so this is retarded now..

Kyle Walker want to leave because Manchester United have Europe League, I have Champions League!

Back