Joshhh

Reaction score
Just coming into January first season, got £34.5m to spend, mainly looking for a striker to partner Gyan, a left back and 2 wingers :)

Thanks in advance :wub:

I've had a lovely save with Sunderland.

The Bent-Gyan partnership is excellent, so you don't need a partner for Gyan. I was using my 4-3-1-2 (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3412), and bought Donovan in the slot behind them.

Gordon
Angeleri - Mensah - Turner - Richardson
Riveros
Cattermole - Henderson
Donovan
Gyan - Bent

I bought Rodwell, Rafinha, MacEachran, Bassong, Kygriakos and Babel as well and my save is going very well.

Cheers Eds, yeah Bent and Gyan are good when on form, but Bent just isn't getting the goals :S how do you play him? Thanks again :)

Just coming into January first season, got £34.5m to spend, mainly looking for a striker to partner Gyan, a left back and 2 wingers :)

Thanks in advance :wub:
How come you already got such a big transferbudget to spend?
Sunderland start with an "okay" wagebudget, but 0 pounds in transferbudget? Do they give you throughout the season, and which players did you sell, mate? :)
Cheers! :)

Advanced Forward with Gyan as a Target Man. And with either Donovan or Babel in the whole behind them (who can both play as Advanced Forward) they get plenty of ball.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

andreas, the Niall Quinn is a legend, pretty much.

The board gave me £34.5m in November ^^) I've bought Scott Brown from Celtic - £2m, and sold Anton Ferdinand to Stoke for £2m, other than that it's all loans. Eds, how much did you pay for McEachran?

Advanced Forward with Gyan as a Target Man. And with either Donovan or Babel in the whole behind them (who can both play as Advanced Forward) they get plenty of ball.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

andreas, the Niall Quinn is a legend, pretty much.
Ahh... So, Niall gave him some money for a little candy, am I right :) ?

The board gave me £34.5m in November ^^) I've bought Scott Brown from Celtic - £2m, and sold Anton Ferdinand to Stoke for £2m, other than that it's all loans. Eds, how much did you pay for McEachran?

I think it was around 13m. Highly recommend Donovan as well. And with my 4-3-1-2, Richardson works insanely well at LB.

can always try coentrao for left back. he's pretty cheap at the beginning i think. or m'bengue (think thats how u spell it). he tends to be very consistent.

Cheers lads, just about to test that tactic at home to Man City ^^) Donovan's already moved to CSKA :S Ramsey on loan could be a good deal I think :)

I've almost completed my first season with Sunderland, I'm sitting 8th in the league with two games left against Arsenal & Liverpool. I bought Juan Angel Albin, Roberto Carlos & David Beckham and I loaned in Sotiris Ninis.

In January I got Moussa Sissoko and Charlie Adam. I amazingly won the League Cup after the easiset cup run in history. Beat Man Utd on penalties after having Cattermole sent off for two card before the half hour mark, going into the lead through Frazier Campbell in the 45 th minute, then Man Utd pulled one back and I had Albin sent off in the last minute. Managed to hold on though, could not believe it!

Frazier Campbell has been a legend as a lone striker this season, scoring 27 goals with two games left, Bent twice pulled his groin, firstly in his second game of the season then his comeback game. Then after two goals in two games he broke his leg! Asamoah Gyan has been rubbish and has only netted twice in 26 appearences. I have been using Ryan Noble and Baptiste who I brought in on loan in January from Roma.

Jordan Henderson is coming on great with some actual match experience but Beckham & Roberto Carlos have been my best signings. They will be made Captain & VIce Captain next season as I want to ship out Cattermole as my players are complaining that they cannot motivate themseleves whilst he is captain. Zenden has been a bit of a legend as well especially as I had to loan out Kieran Richardson who took offense to me telling Ferdinand that I didn't want him. So that spells he end for Zenden as I will have two younger left wingers, in Richardson & Albin, although Man City are said to be interestesd Albin but is out for 4 months now with a broken foot.

Next season, I need a right back as I won't be keeping Elmohadamy and it doesn't look likely that I will be keeping Onuoha. Mensah doesn't want to stay on after his loan and Craig Gordon wants out. So really need another Centre Half, not too concerned about Gordon as Mignolet was great at the beginning of the season when Gordon was injured. So good infact I sent him out on loan to Barcelona in the second half of the season as I felt bad I wouldn't be playing him that much, every top club in Europe wanted to take him loan!

Losing or Shipping Out At End Of First Season:
John Mensah
Nedum Onouha
Ahmed Elmohadamy
Craig Gordon
Lee Cattermole
Boudwijn Zenden
Asamoah Gyan

Back