Players for TOTTENHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, FM-Base. This is my first thread. I brought FM10 yesterday. Im in early febuary of 1st season.

I have big problems, i am losing the dressing room as players like Modric, Lennon, Dawson, Corluka, Huddlestone and more have been bid for and as a result they want to leave. Modric & Lennon being the most unhappy now. Ive survived the opening window and now january but cant manage to win the team round. Im in Carling Cup final and they still remain unhappy. What can i do?

Also could you kind people reccommend some signings as ive only signed Carlos Eduardo (struggling to settle in) and Martin Petrov (BRILLIANT PLAYER) ...?

Oh yeah, did i mention Crouchy and Defoe are out for the remainder of the season!

Last edited:
Hes alrite but hes not solid. He went 405 minutes without conceding a goal at the start of the season and every game since he concedes 1 basically every game. But if i concede before ive scored im done for cause i aint scoring Spurs amounts either cause of Crouch and Defoe being injured.

The media have lead me towards Lukaku from Anderlecht for ST? His goal record is good for a 16 year old. Does he get any good in seasons to come?

yh but if you want goals now then no not really. you should play pavlyuvhenko coz ive always fround that hes quality with me in my spurs games and you could try get either welliton or guissepi rossi but i would stick with gomes tbh as hes one of the best goalies in fm 10 imo

Im 6th in the EPL with my team being ...
GK - Gomes
DR - Corluka
DC - Dawson (King played 15 before i put Daws in)
DC - Bassong
DL - Assou-Ekotto (Bale either start in ML or subs)
MR - Lennon (done alrite until Barca came in for him in Jan which i rejected)
MC - Palacios (solid, propa grafter)
MC - Modric (cause Modric has been miserable all season i put Huddz Jenas or Carlos Eduardo in this spot)
ML - MARTIN PETROV (scored in both CC semi's, got 2 in league against Everton and 1 against Blackburn in FA Cup to put me in next round)
ST - Crouch (scored about 17 then injured since jan) now i play Pav here
ST - Defoe (started here then in October he got 8 month injury) then Keano come in hes got about 20 gls

Ive found that Giovani comes in well as a ST hes only got a few goals upfront though but hes missed loads of chances but he gets into the positions to score really well

Naughton has played a few games since i sold coverin DR Alan Hutton for £4m, he looks really good

Bentleys form is up and down but doesnt do much and as for the rest i cant remember so i think thats coverd everyone or havnt playd

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

ahh ... kk. Gomes is staying in. Hes on good form in real life at the moment anyway so suppose i should just keep my defence consistent and it should improve i guess. FM always make Spurs keepers pretty decent i suppose cause Robinson used to be loyal quality on like FM08.

how much can you get Guiseppe Rossi for? + how clinical can he be if i add him to my Spurs game?

how much money do you have left?

Hi, FM-Base. This is my first thread. I brought FM10 yesterday. Im in early febuary of 1st season.

I have big problems, i am losing the dressing room as players like Modric, Lennon, Dawson, Corluka, Huddlestone and more have been bid for and as a result they want to leave. Modric & Lennon being the most unhappy now. Ive survived the opening window and now january but cant manage to win the team round. Im in Carling Cup final and they still remain unhappy. What can i do?

Also could you kind people reccommend some signings as ive only signed Carlos Eduardo (struggling to settle in) and Martin Petrov (BRILLIANT PLAYER) ...?

Oh yeah, did i mention Crouchy and Defoe are out for the remainder of the season!

i signed cristiano ronaldo after 3 seasons at tottenham for 66million

500k lol but its febuary so anyone im lookin at would be arrivin in the summer so id get a new budget.

With Carling Cup win or runner-up? and top 6 prem finish it should be quite chunky noin Daniel Levy + what i do in the FA Cup but ive got Man City away so ill probably get ''Mullerd''

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Ronaldo - £66m - SPURS ... whaaat! Im not a fan of disloyal Ronaldo but he is a fantastic player but FM's hes ... not lol £66m on a player is not how i usually go about the transfer market.

Ive been browsin here for players and come up with some better alternatives as in ... S.Ninis, G.Wijnaldum, Lukaku, V.Weiss, H.Saivet, R.Sneijder, N.Subotic, Smithies, Neymar, S.Asenjo + G.Rossi

There my kind of siginings

get dzeko, he great, also tevez, is gd but jo from cuty is wicked, he will be on the transfer list for bout 3.5 million, he scored tons for me

Im heading back on FM2010 now so can you people please leave some players to sign with values!
and any relevant information about them like how they perform for you

Past Experiences about them players i mentioned would be appreciated

Later On !!!

I'm spurs to, I brought Henry ( I didn't want him, but he was recomended, good cover for Defoe)
Also you can get Deco for free!
De Silvestri fot around 10 Mil, for more money sell someone like Dawson or Woodgate.
David Pizzaro, is good but old well like 27 or 28?
They are the best players I have brought.
These are some players in my shortlist for January 2011!

Hulk
Ninis
Buonanotte
Micah Richards
Banega
You already have Carlos Eduado
Urmmm...
Henri Saviet is good, and make a bid for Kerrison (Barcelona) soon. because his loan with Benfica ends at the end of the year (June).

Hope this helped!

XD

Sign sergio canales £2m , nicolas lodeiro £6m edin dzeko £24m over 48months van der vaart £8m danny wilson £3.5m sell dawson for about 6m jenas for 10m gio dos santos for 10m pavlychenko for £10m assou ekotto for £8m dorian dervite £1.5m and jamie o hara for £6.5m

you get an amazingly big ***** over Martin Petrov.

If you want a great goalkeeper not that expensive buy ochoa, but if you manage to get between 13-15 M for gomes and you sell woodgate and jenes (i sold him to man city for 12M) perhaps you can buy lloris or akinfeev or Adler. (Too hard too choose betwenn them)
If you want a great gk for the future and you want to rotate them (the 1° and second gk) oftenly buy Delac. ( I´m using him as my first gk in the first season and he is a class act)
If you want goals (and lots of them) buy Cavenaghi. Although If i were you i would buy lukaku and play him as a complete forward.
I agree that the kids are the future, but if you show your confidence starting them, they are going to prove that they are really stars in the making. Besides the ambition of them (not all) oftenly is bigger than the stars or mid-class players.
I hope this helps you mate.

Im in my 4th season with spurs, runner up in 2nd season and i won the league in my 3rd, ive bought quite a few players and sold a lot too. Some of my best buys have been Dzeko, gourcuff, milner, felipe (udinese) and zapata. However a great signing was Adam Johnson, previously at middelsbourgh he was signed by everton, then they released him at the end of his contract and i picked him up on a free transfer. Very good player aswell!

for a striker you could try Edinson Cavani, hulk, acquafresca, pazzini all good goalscorers, for a goalkeep marco Amelia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back