Players From Past FM Games You Loved

Average Joe

Reaction score
Just been thinking back about players I used to buy through the years on CM / FM and wondered who other people used to love?

I remember getting Emre Can a few years back from Bayern, he was a very decent young DM that developed nicely.

Bruno Zuculini was similar and I've just remembered Man City own him in real life. A few FMs before Bruno was his brother Franco.

Kompany
a good few years back was a must buy, along with his favored personnel teammate Anthony Vanden Borre. They made a great pair if you put AVB at right back. Only Kompany has really made it big IRL.

John Fleck a wonderkid who had a bit of a Scottish Rooney look about him! Did play for rangers, fell out with manager Ally McCoist after a training ground bust up over a bucket of chicken!! Is now at Coventry.

Sergio Asenjo was always my first young keeper buy on FM 09. Always played well and developed really quickly!

Henry Saviet always smashed it going down the right wing for me on 09 as well.

Anyone remember how good Craig Gordon was in goal in FM06? He was my mates first buy every time during our league saves (both different teams but on the same computer) He always managed to single handidly win the games I played against my mate!

Valeri Bojinov was a very useful striker on 06, his career never got going properly in real life though.

So are there any players you lot remember fondly? Do you remember any of mine?

Last edited:
Couple of years back Raphael Toloi was a brilliant defender, was some rumors AC Milan were going to get him in real life but it never happened.

Anyone remember the defensive wonderkid Breno at Bayern? I used to use him and he became class every time. In real life he got locked up for arson!