Players getting poached by the big guns

Pure Luck

Reaction score
I am currently playing a save as Lazio, i have finally stopped the Juve dominance in the league but as soon as i won the league every big team (barca, Real and such) and even smaller (liverpool and seville) are bidding for my players and making them unhappy. Now a couple of them are good enough for there teams but it seems like i am being targeted for no real reason for most, they wont get in there first team of the teams bidding.

My problem, if i accept the players i can attract are either not as good or want alot more wages. If i dont accept they want to leave and become unhappy, my team moral nose dives as does my results.

I have signed them up to new contracts and such but the next window it starts again. I am in the Champions League but have struggled there, my finances are stable but i cant push to the next level. Anyone decent i get as a youth are targeted straight away. In fact i look at the Italian League and most of the best players have gone now.

Running out of ideas, its starting to ruin my save

you have to be really hardlined on this yes form will take a dive but once you do it to one player other players will get the message and it is alot less likely to happen when teams show interest in ur player dont let it get to the stage of unhappyness u see a wnt sign offer a new contract if he is key player for you common sense really

I can see why it's ruining your save but at the same time it's football, look at Monaco irl. Maybe the way to go is to send your scouts out to the big nations indefinitely, get them to bring reports on players with at least 4 star potential, under 20, hot prospects and try and replace your big guns with some quality talent. If you can get in there early enough you will have future stars for a good price, it's cheaper than trying to buy players who have already peaked an fulfilled there potential. Also check the transfer list, loan list an free agents of course. I also check the news to see who other teams are bidding for and if they look to be getting a good deal I intercept