Players good for business

westy8chimp

Reaction score
Happy new year all. I was an avid poster on the 09 forum but first time back for FM10 ... and I'm fathoms behind!

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list yet of players that, in a wenger-esque nature, you can sign for tuppence hapeny and sell for a sack of shillings. I always want to be a mid to low table prem team and take them to champs league and all the glory that follows, but find it so hard building a squad with tiny budgets. So what we need are the kind of players you can sign for under 1m and within a season or 2 look to sell for 5m +. In FM09 terms such players would consist of kevin monnet paquet, sergey krivets, fredrick duplus, celso borges, vincent acapandie... and basically any players on the huge lists of wonderkids that arent fussy about which club signs them and dont cost a fortune.

The difference between this list and countless others about cheap wonderkids ... is i dont care if they play at all well! im purely concerned with the financial aspect, so they have to be players that other clubs scout. Lets face it they will be pushed out on loan for a season then sold.

Skjelbred. I bought him for £3.8M in the Championship with Newcastle and sold him for £9.5M the season after that. (H)

Verratti and Boucher maybe? Verratti goes for about £100k and Boucher for £4000

Well your thread is for players under 1mil. Look at these players:
Mats Rits from Germinal Beerschot. You can get him for 700k.
Lacina Traore from CFR Cluj for 875k.
Vincent Enyeama from H.Tel-Aviv available for 250k.
Jadson from Shakhtar available for free
In the 3rd patch my scouts comes back every time with a zero value for Adem Ljajic from Partizan and Thiago Neves from
Al-Hilal, and their respective clubs accept zero money bids for them, so they are also available for free to sell for a lot of money later.

Last edited:
good list i started games with arsenal & chelsea just to see what young players their scouts look at ... and mats rits kept cropping up. so im guessing if i buy him with a lower team they will come looking later on. wil try the others uve suggested. thanks.

Daniel Opare. ALWAYS transfer listed. You'll always get him for about £140k =]

Signed Ryan Stevenson from Ayr United in my first season with Gers for £40k, sold him for £1.2 mill the next season. Not massive money, but a nice profit!

look at the Belarus national team ive signed 3, all 2 for under 400k and krivets for 1.2mil i would say other names but cant spell them or even guess how krivets is worth 6mil and the other two are over 5 mil now

james rodriguez young cheap gta get in quick though otherwise juventus will snap him up!

Fabio Santos(Gremio) bought him for 200k, and Arsenal offering 6m for him.
German Pacheco(Atl. Madrid) signed him for 1.1m, was worth 19m in thrid season.

my first season buys in my QPR thread pic of transfers of first season were nearly all profit or worth 3 times there amount now

Also look at Eyal Golasa from M.Haifa. Available for 500k and have similar stats as Sergey Krivets

Last edited:
Kabous, signed for free at game start, after 1 season sold him for 7mill. aoaoaoa

Back