Players learning a new language

Reaction score
Hi,

How long does it take for a certain player to learn a new language. I want to know this because I have just signed Der Stegen for Barca and he can't speak Spanish or Catalan. Also, which language will he learn to speak Spanish or Catalan.

Cheers,
Little_Alexander

probally spanish, and it took less than a year for one of my germans to learn english but im guessing it varys depending on age and attributes like adaptablity

In older FM's it also used to depend on what languages they already knew, and if the one they were trying to learn was similar. ie. Spanish and Italian are similar, or more so than English and French.

my brazilian took 2 season to learn english and settle to the club, now that he has tho hes playing amazing!!!!!!!

How to do that..

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Spanish and Italian similar? lol

Both come from Latin, so there are similitudes in grammar and many words share etimology..

A Spaniard who has not been taught Italian will likely understand much of the speech of an Italian. It also will depend on how good ear he's got. There's obviously a bunch of words that have no similitude with Spanish words, but then by context one can get it if the other words.

My brother went to Italia once. He's never studied Italian. He had no problem understanding all the Italian spoken to him. When I have to watch basketball match from an Italian channel I understand everything. I have not studied Italian, either.

Similarly, I was recently reading a book by Freud that is poorly done in that the editor hasn't translated the quotes in French. I barely have a few hours of French studies and I could understand 90% of them. Because French also comes from Latin, though it's a little more far from Spànish than Italian from the pronountiation rules.

Back