Chokopop

Self-diagnosed FM addict
Reaction score
Alright, in this years FM I've seen players do all kinds of stupid mistakes. Not something like bad defending, or a cross that accidently lands at the feet of an opponent.
No, I'm talking about a player suddenly stopping in the middle of his run, waiting to get tackled. Or if someone passes him a ball, he just stops and waits for the opponent to take it.
Frankly, I've seen this happen way too many times and this is starting to annoy me. You wouldn't see a player stop in the middle of a run wait 5 seconds or so, until the opposing player can tackle him. This is just ridiculous.

Has anyone else noticed something like this, or is the game just ******** with me?

Not seen anything like that mate. Just annoys me when my lone striker 'nods the ball on' when there is nobody ahead of him. Pretty daft

Nothing as serious as that. I usually just get player turning around with the ball and holding on it even though he has easy passes. Then he gets tackled and I scream at the monitor in language my mother would be ashamed of me for.

Alright, in this years FM I've seen players do all kinds of stupid mistakes. Not something like bad defending, or a cross that accidently lands at the feet of an opponent.
No, I'm talking about a player suddenly stopping in the middle of his run, waiting to get tackled. Or if someone passes him a ball, he just stops and waits for the opponent to take it.
Frankly, I've seen this happen way too many times and this is starting to annoy me. You wouldn't see a player stop in the middle of a run wait 5 seconds or so, until the opposing player can tackle him. This is just ridiculous.

Has anyone else noticed something like this, or is the game just ******** with me?

That happened a lot in previous versions and with this I'm very pleased I've not seen it. A lot of those things like felt like that have vanished.

The stopping waiting to get tackled is something I saw a lot in FM12, but in FM13 so far I've not seen even once.

The player who's to receive the ball then an opponent gets it first, is a maneuver much improved from FM09. Before it felt very artificial and player calculates position of landing/stop and stops acting, now it's pretty much a more natural appearance of the opponent anticipating and getting better positioning. That case is definitely a matter of using imagination instead of taking directly what the 3D or 2D shows.

Chokopop said:

It started to happen to me a lot as well recently. Strangely, i didnt really have a problem with it before the patch, but now its almost every game that my team does something utterly retarded. I reckon it has the biggest chance of occuring if your players arent familiar with each other. Still, defender passing to keeper and then keeper watching the ball getting past him VERY SLOWLY without doing anything shouldnt really happen. Im only in the middle of the season and it already did about 8 times. So yeah, thats frustrating. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update.

I see some of that, but what really makes my head pop is the ricochet of the ball on my player in a short pass and the opposition, at 10 feet of distance, gets the ball faster then him and i lost a goal.

Also, when there's a gathering of players in my box, i concede or it's a penalty, but on the other box it's always the keepers ball!

Not to say about the CM/FM 20 year bug of 1 shoot, one goal and there you have a defeat, despite your 92837 shoots!

ive had strikers going through on goal and my defender running backwards to try catch up

was 3-0 up with 2 minutes to go against ARSEnal and it ended 3-2 cos Vidic gave away 2 penalties when didnt need to

this is the worse ive ever seen this game for stupid things, lost count how many times im sitting here shouting ffs etc, my work colleague sits there laughing

Not to say about the CM/FM 20 year bug of 1 shoot, one goal and there you have a defeat, despite your 92837 shoots!

So that's a bug? I better call Brendan Rodgers and tell him that.

Worst one i have a had is a player rounded the keeper but decided to pass is back to somebody 45 yards out to smash it into the stands instead of sliding the ball in to the empty net.

Worst one i have a had is a player rounded the keeper but decided to pass is back to somebody 45 yards out to smash it into the stands instead of sliding the ball in to the empty net.

Neymar scored a hattrick for me in one game, all three goals from the edge of the box with great finishes. Then he rounded the keeper to put his fourth, only to shoot straight upwards from 2 yards. The closest defender was 10 yards behind him, he had all the time in the world, but he chose to send it into orbit. I'm not sure what's worse.

Neymar scored a hattrick for me in one game, all three goals from the edge of the box with great finishes. Then he rounded the keeper to put his fourth, only to shoot straight upwards from 2 yards. The closest defender was 10 yards behind him, he had all the time in the world, but he chose to send it into orbit. I'm not sure what's worse.

This happens sometimes to me too, but it could be from the shoes! Evra do it, Welbeck also. Maybe its from the grass, dunno.

there's no point continue this thread. We all have to live with it m8, just keep screaming to the monitor and get some stress balls :D

strange thing for me is, after the update it all seemed pretty good..
things now are starting to creep back in again..
players motionless
players running past deflected ball
players not contesting for headers
defenders motionless to crosses
and so on...
These are bugs in the ME imo...doesnt matter if your playing in prem with best players in world, or in the blue square south with lesser players.

This still happens in 2014 so don't expect it to be fixed EVER!!!!