Players NEVER cross the ball when infront of the goalkeeper

• Thread starter Thread starter Metz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4K

Metz

Reaction score
Whenever a player has the ball and is running right in front of the goalkeeper, they always shoot straight or try to lob the goalkeeper... But they never cross the ball to the teammate next to them when the teammate next to them has the perfect chance of scoring.

This always happens with players who are both selfish and team players. It happens with everyone. This also happened in FM2011 and FM2010. Is this something that still hasn't been programmed by SI?

its really, really annoying. 2 players out on goal running at either post and the guy with the ball decides to shoot straight at the keeper rather than passing across to leave the other guy with an open net. happens with every player when that situation occurs.

ive never worked out how to resolve this :|

I don't have any problem with this, strange. My forward passes to whoever has a CCC. I did not set anything particular though. My forward is a Target Man - Attacking.

Same problem too, my inside foward cuts in, with 3 players in the box, my striker was clearly in open space. He went for the shot instead of the pass. Not only once, happened many times, changed them to wingers, doesnt work too..

So i guess its a bug.

i also have that problem. a golden chance just flies off target. *facepalm*. imp, it also happened in FM 11 too

I think many games would end up with different scores if this bug were fixed.

It shouldn't have to be resorted to a PPM.

It should be natural for a player to cross the ball to a teammate next to him.

I haven't yet noticed this in FM 12, but in FM 11 my players used to do this a lot, and by that i mean pass rather than shoot... Although very stressful when a lower league team and the player with the open net misses!

Many times the wingers dont do anything,they keep the ball until they lose it .It is very annoyning.

probably players need better teamwork stats? but still some chances are so clear this shouldnt be neccesary

1. Teamwork
2. Decisions
3. Anticipation
4. Team Tempo
5. Player Mentality

These all effect finding that extra pass. I never have a problem with it; ****, in fact, I sometimes question why my players passed it instead of shooting!

1. Teamwork
2. Decisions
3. Anticipation
4. Team Tempo
5. Player Mentality

These all effect finding that extra pass. I never have a problem with it; ****, in fact, I sometimes question why my players passed it instead of shooting!

There's also a specific PPM for these situations - can't remember the name now, though.

It should be football 101 to cross the ball infront of the goalkeeper when your teammate has an excellent scoring chance.

It should be football 101 to cross the ball infront of the goalkeeper when your teammate has an excellent scoring chance.

Yet players in real life frequently ignore/don't see these opportunities

think it might depend on the type of player . mesut ozil does it for me and hes a well known unslefish player

I think many games would end up with different scores if this bug were fixed.

It shouldn't have to be resorted to a PPM.

It should be natural for a player to cross the ball to a teammate next to him.

Yeah right - like felipe inzaghi.

ya same like my team,, wide player always do pass not cross to goal's front, and my striker always drible until they lose ball or tackled by defender,,
any solution?

Train the player the PPM 'Look for Cross Rather Than Shot'

Back