Players not interested??? HELP!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter rossthelad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

rossthelad

Reaction score
This is my first post (I don't usually need help with FM) but this has confused me. Im managing Leeds United, won League 1 in first season comfortably and then got promoted from Championship within 2 seasons (got promoted in 2nd place with 97 points, unlucky).

The problem is that I was loaning ALOT of players during that period. In the Championship last season I was loaning the whole back line:

Craig Cathcart (had him all three seasons on loan)
Ciaran Clark
Chris Smalling
Fabio

Now that I'm in the Premiership I have enough money to buy these players but Cathcart, Fabio and Smalling are no longer interested in moving to me (one of them is transfer listed, one is hot prospect and one is backup). I would have thought that getting into premier league would improve my rep not decrease it. I am able to offer them higher wages than they are currently on too. I just don't understand it at all.

The reason I want these players in particular is because they all had an average rating of about 7.8 last season and they are all cheap (apart from maybe Smalling).

Help would be appreciated. :)

you were seen as a smaller club when you approached their clubs to loan them! they used you to get their players 1st team experience, now that they are back, they are wanting 1st team football at their respective clubs (seeing though they have played for 3 years etc)
just keep on trying and unsettling them and im sure in a month or so they would all be TL and the club wont need them and you can buy them or (loan to buy) its just the case that you are probably right at the start of the new season and they have just arrived back at their clubs, they are wanting to prove themselves to play at their bigger club (which for most of those players, aint going to happen)

dont give up if you want those specific players mate :D but there are much better players you can get than that

There are better players I know but Cathcart for example is only 500k, Clark is 1.2m. Smalling and Fabio are the best players in there positions that are (or should be) interested in me. I cant really wait a month tbh. It's June 26th and other clubs are interested in them. They'll be gone within a month.

Back